for the non-believers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for the non-believers

there's a price to pay for clean air, water, and no trees.

why do we do this to ourselves? because that's the why we like it.

sorry for the crappy quality. i think there's something wrong with the camera.

somewhere along the line, my arms got short.

my favorite part about the food in these pictures is that i'll probably see all the big poopies on monday when i do the building check in one of the towns lift stations.
    Attached Files

Re: for the non-believers

Are any of those prices tariff related?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

those are the real prices in one of our 2 grocery stores.

there is also even more remote settlements than where i live. the prices only get higher from here on up, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Are any of those prices tariff related?

Mark

Nah.....more like being 800 air miles from Churchill, Manitoba, which itself is a fair ways north.

I would assume stuff in parts of Alaska reflects a higher price than the coninental US. But once you get places where stuff has to be flown in rather than trucked, there goes your prices.

If you need some Cheez Whiz Vince, let me know and I'll mail you some.

It's gotta be cheaper that way than almost $18 bucks a bottle.....
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

thanks but no thanks tinmack. i don't eat that chemical soup stuff anymore.

Comment

Sam's Club built stores in Anchorage and Fairbanks which brought the prices down to normal for those who could get to them. I did notice they had hundreds of shopping carts lined up with plastic shrink wrap over them and invoices. I asked what they were for and I was told they were orders waiting for bush pilots to deliver. As I recall the last bush plane I hired cost around $5 per mile.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post

thanks but no thanks tinmack. i don't eat that chemical soup stuff anymore.
              Yeah, good idea, after a nuclear war, the only thing that would survive would be roaches and Cheez Whiz. That stuff is kinda nasty.
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Man oh man Vince. It's like your trapped in an amusement park without any rides! Only high priced eats and treats!

I'll bet you appreciate things alot more than most.

J.C.

Comment

unbelieveable.........how much are twinkies?
                  The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                    unbelieveable.........how much are twinkies?
                    there's not too many of them kind around here (not that there's anything wrong with that). i think it's too cold up here, plus there isn't any trees to hide behind!

Comment

there's not too many of them kind around here (not that there's anything wrong with that). i think it's too cold up here, plus there isn't any trees to hide behind!
                      not sure if we are talking about the same thing, here it is a cream filled pastry with a 20 year shelf life
                      The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        Man oh man Vince. It's like your trapped in an amusement park without any rides! Only high priced eats and treats!

I'll bet you appreciate things alot more than most.

J.C.
                        central heat, running water, a flushing crapper. good to go.

i am a simple man with simple needs.

Comment

there's a price to pay for clean air, water, and no trees.

why do we do this to ourselves? because that's the why we like it.

sorry for the crappy quality. i think there's something wrong with the camera.

somewhere along the line, my arms got short.

my favorite part about the food in these pictures is that i'll probably see all the big poopies on monday when i do the building check in one of the towns lift stations.
                          With the price of Coca-Cola, I can tell you that I can't move where you live. I would spend like $100-$150 a month on it.

What kind of industry do you have in your town that supports those prices?

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                            not sure if we are talking about the same thing, here it is a cream filled pastry with a 20 year shelf life
                            This could still be misunderstood. I think I just got sick.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                              With the price of Coca-Cola, I can tell you that I can't move where you live. I would spend like $100-$150 a month on it.

What kind of industry do you have in your town that supports those prices?
                              It ain't plumbing brother! I would start making some sort of Coca-Cola knockoff in my garage.

Kinda' like a meth maker.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X