Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody thinks Chrysler makes a superior product?

GM is apparently looking to buy or merge with chrysler. What's the point? Chrysler has a long history of making junk. Why would GM want it?
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Re: Anybody thinks Chrysler makes a superior product?

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
    GM is apparently looking to buy or merge with chrysler. What's the point? Chrysler has a long history of making junk. Why would GM want it?
    Maybe they want to raise the quality of their products.

Comment

Discussions about Ford vs GM vs Chrysler/Dodge vs Toyota etc are pointless at best.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

They both have a history of making some bad stuff. But they also have some good things.

And remember, Chrysler is no longer Chrysler so to speak. It is majority owned by an investment firm with no history in the automotive world.

Kind of like Spartan.

J.C.

Comment

The interesting thing, if a merger does happen, is what will happen to the Volt and the Jeep line. Earlier this summer the rumor was circulating that Jeep would be spun off as a separate dealer line. There's certainly opportunity in a merger for both parties. If it happens, I would immediately re-badge the trucks as Jeep, increase the number of models with available diesel engines, and fast-track the Volt engine to be available in most models as soon as possible.

If no merger, I don't expect Chrysler to survive....especially if Jeep is spun off.

Ford should survive, so should GM, regardless of the situation. Both are too darn big and intricate entities to allow for takeovers rather than mergers. Then again, just my opinion.

Bigger fish have fallen/gotten gobbled up/ceased to exist......
          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

My first Jeep was a 70 Kaiser Willys Wagoneer the following four were Chrysler Jeeps. The Kaiser Willys, the 87 Jeep Comanche Chief, the 88 Jeep Cherokee and the 89 Jeep Cherokee Limited were bullet proof. The 89 Jeep Wagoneer went back to Chrysler under the Lemon Law. I'm currently debating between a Jeep Wrangler and a Toyota FJ Cruiser as a toy.

Mark
            Last edited by ToUtahNow; 10-11-2008, 07:02 PM.
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

ford and toyota are the only ones that work well up here.

inline 6 for the ford and 4 banger for the toyota.

battery blanket, block heater, circ pump heater.

square tire syndrome, frozen seats, blown power steering hoses.

i love it up here!

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                Discussions about Ford vs GM vs Chrysler/Dodge vs Toyota etc are pointless at best.
                I've had them all. The chrysler is by far the biggest piece of garbage. The toyotas were fine except they were the only cars I've ever had that rusted , and I live in a place where cars dont rust. I've never had a ford or GM car that gave me problems. The chryslers had things go wrong that shouldn't go wrong.
                www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

They build them to fail here in the states; job security all the way.

You build something as good as a toyota or honda and now nobody has a job.

That mentality is why they are hurting so bad right now. It's going to be their ending as I see it.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

When I heard the news, I was considering looking at GM stocks over the fact that they're so low now, but Montgomery Wards demise changed my mind.

Comment

chrysler has come leaps and bounds in the past 10 years and once i thought they made the ugliest cars on the market and now i think they make some of the nicest and i still drool as a 300 rolls by
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I've had them all. The chrysler is by far the biggest piece of garbage. The toyotas were fine except they were the only cars I've ever had that rusted , and I live in a place where cars dont rust. I've never had a ford or GM car that gave me problems. The chryslers had things go wrong that shouldn't go wrong.
                        So what's your point? I'm sure there are countless numbers of people out there who have had just the opposite experiences.
                        Last edited by BadgerDave; 10-12-2008, 10:30 AM.
                        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The point is consistency. The chryslers have been consistently bad, all the others have been consistently good, the toyotas have consistently rusted. It is a trend.
                          1 bad car is could be a lemon, 3 implies a bad manufacturer.
                          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I got stuck with a PT loozer as a rental in Vegas, what a pice of crap. I will stick with my Diesel Ford.

Comment

When will you Americans learn to use more economical vehicles like the ones we use in the UK returning over 40 mpg.
                              Your way of life cannot be sustained. The great Alaskan wildlife refuge is on the cards for oil drilling which equates to death and destruction for the wild life.
                              Don't you care ?.
                              Last edited by Norplumb; 10-12-2008, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X