X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOWES - It's just too early

Thursday I went to Lowes and saw a huge display of plastic Christmas trees, lights and even some wrapping paper. I didn't see one item related to Halloween or Thanksgiving displayed. Maybe it's just me but isn't it a bit early for putting out massive amounts of Christmas items?

Even though I'm used to it, I still laugh at stores putting out heavy winter coats in August when it's 95+ in the shade and muggy. Then when it's 0 out in early January they put out summer clothing. How stupid has retail selling become? LOCO SARR-FAYs anyway.

OK, I'm done howling about it

Re: LOWES - It's just too early

Ace Hardware in my town started selling trees two weeks ago.

Guy told me they was selling too.

Christmas is going to be rough this year for a lot.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I read and saw on the news that many are putting out the christmas stuff early at sale prices..I wonder if its NOS or really this years stock order on some of this.I'm sure its going to be a rough season on many people and stores.
      For me I think this year I'll be able to get over to see the wife and son.He will be 3 in Feb so this will be the 1st christmas he can sorta understand and enjoy.I might stay till April..not sure yet on that.The down side is things aren't good there either and there will be many more out caroling for peso's I'm sure,plus more begars too I'd guess.For me that gets old very fast after a few nights of 6 or more groups coming by the house.I never carry money around the house there so have to send someone for some peso's grrr.And the malls are totally insane there near holidays,much worse then here in the states. 4 weeks or so on the countdown for the flight I think.I best get after some tickets soon.Cathay Pacific loves me.
      Sam

Comment

maybe santa claus is coming to town, early..

Comment

The stores are getting super early and silly, My local supermarket has been selling x-mas and Halloween for many weeks now,....UGH its way to early
          Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
          New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I noticed lots of pumpkins in the dumpster behind a local market. They got them too early and now they have rotted away. Ding dongs ...

If it's not dumped by tonight I bet the raccoons will have some real fun.

Comment

My theory is that since the media is already predicting an awful holiday season for retail (and we all know how good the media is at creating self-fulfilling prophecy!) that a lot of stores will be putting it out early trying to beat the neighbors to the punch and try to get a little bigger slice of the smaller pie. Drives me crazy as we are having Indian summer here in VA - it was 88 deg. today which makes it very hard to think about Christmas!

Comment

JTROANOKE

Low 80s here today (Tuesday) in the Washington, DC area. Same thinking. I need it to snow to think about Christmas and I need a frost before Turkey Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                  JTROANOKE

Low 80s here today (Tuesday) in the Washington, DC area. Same thinking. I need it to snow to think about Christmas and I need a frost before Turkey Day.
                  Yeah, I guess the Florida natives are used to it, but I don't like to Christmas shop wearing shorts and t-shirts. Something just isn't natural about it! We have had very mild winters the last couple of years here in Roanoke, so I am wishing to be nailed with a good snow once or twice. I really enjoy sitting in the hot tub while snow is falling on my head!

Comment

Working...
                  X