X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe the Plumber

Originally posted by haycad View Post
    so joe the plumber isnt even a plumber? i own my own plumbing business and im a licensed plumber if i was making over $250,000 a year i think i could afford to pay a little more for taxes.
    And the guy making 25K looks at you making 70K and says "He can certainly afford to pay more taxes."

And the guy making 12K says of the guy making 25K "He can pay more taxes"

And one of the candidates will look at them all and think, "Fools, they've played right into my plan, they hate each other."
    Last edited by SlimTim; 10-16-2008, 09:56 PM.
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

There is definitely a franchise opportunity here.
      JOE THE PLUMBER

All the servicemen will shave their heads and the name on their shirt will say JOE.
      And every job will be flat rated at only 250K.
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Just watched the video on Joe. I see a decent Man raising His Son. Interesting some here call Him a HACK. May I ask how You came to know this? How would We know about the work You produce? Again, I see a thoughtful Good Man.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

He is either brilliant or a complete fool. On the one hand he was able to get the candidate to state his true intentions and also received some pretty good publicity.
          On the other, he now has the media, the irs, and probably a host of nefarious characters from the candidates camp looking into his affairs and the the affairs of those close to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb
            That tax plan is aimed at small businesses making more then 250k. I believe that is gross. I am a small business and have GROSSED over the 250k for the past 3 years easily. So it is certainly possible for a small business to gross 250k
            No its NOT. You are not taxed on gross income. You are taxed on net profit. Just like every other business out there.

There is a HUGE difference between grossing $250,000 and making $250,000 in taxable income.

Yeah, grossing $250,000 is easy. I plan on doing that every year. I don't know if I'll ever make that much as taxable income though.

Only the wealthiest 2% (1 in 50) of American households make over $250,000 in taxable income.
            Last edited by Service Guy; 10-17-2008, 12:03 AM.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

If my taxes go up, my prices go up, and those people who receive that $1000.00 a year bribe, er, I mean rebate, will be paying it back to me and other businesses. Unless, of course we are forbidden to raise our prices or even set our own rates. Don't doubt it.

Comment

Actually if you gross lets say $900,000 in gross sales for your company. And lets say that after subtracting all overhead, deductions and business expenses that you make $250,001 dollars in taxable income. Of that you will only pay an increase in taxes on the ONE DOLLAR that goes over the 1/4 million mark. The rest would be taxed the same as currently. People making less than $200,000 will ACTUALLY SEE A TAX BREAK UNDER OBAMA'S CURRENT PLAN.

Now, I will be the first admit that if he gets elected he may change his tax policy. But that is a risk we take with any candidate.

Comment

Please remember Josh has asked us not to discuss politics. I figure Joe the Plumber is an exception but let's try not to go to far off topic.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Please remember Josh has asked us not to discuss politics. I figure Joe the Plumber is an exception but let's try not to go to far off topic.

Mark
                    Sorry mark. But I felt it necessary to correct the above information. Once again, Tax policies are based on taxable income of small business owners, NOT gross income.

Comment

I think it's time to close this thread! The stupid comments are starting and politics was not supposed to be discussed for reasons already made clear.

Comment

good discussion.. seems to have run its course...

Comment

Working...
                        X