Northern Exposer-again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Exposer-again

i was watching the idiot box the other night and was delightfully re-aquainted with the t.v. show "Northern Exposer".

besides the fact that it's a "northern" oriented show (i know, it's filmed in either oregon or washington), i really like the simple life they portray, yet the story line is really deep when you read between the lines.

i'd like to build my own log cabin some day, but the people that own the power poles around here frown on cutting them down.

even though i've never met any of you in person, i can't help but compare some of the charactors on the show to some of the charactors i've met on this forum.

ie;

maurice, the retired military guy, calm, cool, and collected=toutahnow

the radio announcer guy, fairly young, insightful, wisdom beyond his years=rick

the native plumber guy (even though he's the wrong race)=me of course

anybody else watch that show and see any simularities?

note; that moose that walks through town, wouldn't happen here. it would be dead, skinned, cooked and jerkied before it hit the ground.

Re: Northern Exposer-again

Yea, the short haired, sassy and sexy Maggie O'Connell reminds me of Gene Bickford

Comment

And Adam reminds me of.......Adam
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Love that show. We get it in re-runs at 6:00 am. Watch it every morning before work.
        sigpic

Comment

I had to go out and get some of the season DVD's since it was off-air around here for a while. It's nice to see a "real northerner" that likes the show. It always surprised me that a moose would walk through town and not become dinner. That part has to be hollywood.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            Yea, the short haired, sassy and sexy Maggie O'Connell reminds me of Gene Bickford
            Sorry, but the G in Gene denotes I'm male.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              Sorry, but the G in Gene denotes I'm male.
              Some of us have met you!
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                Some of us have met you!
                I do have to admit I'm not much bigger then her, my hair is now short, I am kinda sassy, and when I dress up in my wifes underwear I do feel pretty sexy.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                  I do have to admit I'm not much bigger then her, my hair is now short, I am kinda sassy, and when I dress up in my wifes underwear I do feel pretty sexy.
                  Ok now theres a picture I did not want in my head . guess that give a whole new meaning to plumbers crack.
                  http://www.jcremodeling.net/

Comment

Northern Exposer ??????

At first I thought you were talking about Chester the Molester

Comment

Working...
                    X