X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about joining the United Association

Hi, everyone. I'm a new member to the board. I'm thinking about joining the United Association's apprenticeship program next year. I want to do the HVAC apprenticeship. I have a couple of questions though.

1: I saw on a Youtube where the UA might be letting people join the UA apprenticeship program as 2nd year apprentices or maybe 3rd year if they have experience or training. Well, next May I'll be graduating a local college with an associates degree in HVAC technology. Do you think that would help me join the Union as a 2nd year apprentice, vs 1st year. Would you reccomend doing it aside from monetary benefits. I'd like to do it if all I'll be missing out on is math instruction, etc.

2: What kind of questions does the board ask you during your interview.

Thanks for the help

Re: Thinking about joining the United Association

good move to join and get more field training to go with the schooling.

typically if you have a college degree in this field, the union will advance you to a higher level. higher level means higher starting pay.

you really need to speak to your local apprenticeship board for the answers that apply.

i know aaron1 just joined the plumbers local and i think they boosted his pay as he had some decent knowledge prior to joining.

give them a call and set a meeting. get it in writing for future reference too.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
    X