X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ever meet anybody famus?

I am plumbing a house for a famous professional athelete. Have not met him yet but hope to soon. Maybe after football season. I won't tell who but he plays for the NY Giants. Also did a service call at Terrence Metcalfs (Chicago Bears) condo.

Comment

I wired a house in Green Bay, for a guy whose name I won't mention, but he used to play for the Packers and then he retired, and then he unretired, and then he retired again, and unretired again, and well now he plays for the Jets. Anybody figure out who that is?

I too have been fortunate in meeting several famous people, somehow I have this knack of running into people. My wife gets ticked off because I generally don't care who they are or what they have done. They are still nothing more than human.

Jeff

Comment

While I never met her. when I was over in Germany I was friends with Barbra Mandrel's cousin.
        We also have a thing up here called country fest and every now and than some of the big stars will stop in at the restaurant that the wife works, I honestly never really pay attention to who comes in as I could care less about them. Would rather meet some of our boys that are fighting for us than some stupid celebrity that hasn't done anything but be a pretty face.

Jim
        http://www.jcremodeling.net/

Comment

Some of my clients are considered famous just by the positions that they hold in government. Some hold more power than the President. I rarely get to meet them in person. Most won't even let you in their house until after they've gone to work at 10 o'clock Usually they have one of their handlers debrief me at the door about what parts of the house are off limits. Others will just send a manservant to babysit me thoughout the job. They think I'm some sort of spy working with the tabloids to get a scoop. The more supervision I get means they have something to hide.

I have found some pretty interesting things in medicine and vanity cabinets

I didn't meet them but I have 2 funny stories about some celebrities:

On our honeymoon in Toronto we sat next to Alanis Morissette at dinner. She had her full entourage with her. While everyone around her was eating, drinking and laughing, she just sat at the head of the dinner table flossing her teeth No one even said a word to her during dinner

A famous White House Corresponent had come over to complain about our delivery truck was blocking her driveway. She was argueing with the superintendant when someone opened the door to the Porta-John. There I was, pants around my ankles shaking off that breakfast burrito I bought off the Roach Coach a few hours earlier. She was just a few feet away. Like most seasoned reporters, she didn't flinch

I relive that moment in my head just about every night when I see her on NBC
          Last edited by plumberscrack; 10-19-2008, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Done three projects for "THEM" in the past year.All three were Hollywood Nut Jobs.It is not all that.Usually more trouble than the "Claim To Fame's" worth.Their perception of reality is distorted beyond bounderies by all the nonstop attention.Service plumbing is great,your in and out.Try working with them for two years,then tell me you love it
            My favorite projects are for the multi-millionaire who started out in the mailroom or digging ditches.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Done three projects for "THEM" in the past year.All three were Hollywood Nut Jobs.It is not all that.Usually more trouble than the "Claim To Fame's" worth.Their perception of reality is distorted beyond bounderies by all the nonstop attention.Service plumbing is great,your in and out.Try working with them for two years,then tell me you love it
              My favorite projects are for the multi-millionaire who started out in the mailroom or digging ditches.
              Good post. A lot of people think celebs are God like but they are just people who like you said have gotten all this attention. I met Lou Ferrigno at the premier of Pumping Iron many years ago and I met his father several times. Lou seemed down to earth all things considered, his father a retired NYC police officer was more of a fame seeker. I think we are lucky not to have the life of these people, sure they have great wealth and attention but it must be a drag in many ways as well. I also think for us guys it is easier to remain faithful as a regular guy, imagine being famous and having women throw themselves at you? Might sound like fun but you can't remain in a stable and loving relationship in that kind of environment.

Comment

Played guitar with Tom Petty about 30 years ago at a party in Coco Beach. Met and drank with a bunch of Boston Bruins cause we all hung out at the same bar in Boston.
                sigpic

Comment

Did he play college ball at Southern MS? If so, I know. He is from my state. He plays QB

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
                    Did he play college ball at Southern MS? If so, I know. He is from my state. He plays QB
                    Yes. I didn't think I needed to get quite that detailed.

Jeff

Comment

i forgot to mention this guy.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attended a birthday party for the Governator (Arnold) and did a little four-wheeling with him in his (then) new H2 (before he was elected).

Have met Rod Hall a couple times and spoke with him about off road racing at length.

Met Brett Lunger in Troy, Michigan (just outside Detroit) at a local race track and actually bested his time on the track by a full second. These were 3/4 scale Formula cars on a road course.

When I was a youngin Dave DeBusschere stopped by the house to see my Dad, they were at Univ. of Detroit together. And I met him a couple times when I went to watch my Dad coach the fencing team.

I was on the Captain Kangaroo show as a kid, also met Soupy Sales and Roy Rogers.

Got my photo taken on the High Diving Horse at the Steel Pier in Atlantic City when I was 8.

When I was at U of D (much later), Dick Vitale was coaching the Titans and I was a photog for the school newspaper. I talked to him many times and was on the sideline of every home game snapping photos of him and the team.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Well, let's see....
                          I've met Tesla, Hank 3, Tracy Lawrence, Kentucky Headhunters, Buckcherry, American Dog, Flotsam & Jetsam.....let me get back to you on this one.

Comment

I have met a few famous people.

I live in Florida, so most started here.

I met Dan Marino on several occassions.

I met Jason Taylor on several occassions.

I met Bob Graham in a parade, and I received a pair of big scossors from him to cut the ribbon to open the Sawgrass Expressway.

I met Rick Sanchez from Fox News on a plane to the Bahamas.

And that about does it. Caryn

Comment

I met David Bowie back stage at a concert when we were doing his web site.

Comment

Saw the older white haired guy from 60 minutes in an airport 20+ years ago. Saw Dennis Conner (America's Cup winner (and loser after 170+ years) piloting a motorized 12 meter in Hilton Head.

Best was coming back to the cheap motel in Ft Lauderdale about 20 blocks from the beach in 1973, drunk as a skunk. Came around the corner and came *that* close to running over Franki Vali getting out of a limo at an equally seady lounge. He didn't even react, and we kept right on going.
                                Steve
                                www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                                X