Please Pray for My Dad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please Pray for My Dad

Well, I thought I would give an update. My dad is still in intensive care. He is talking sometimes, but not making sense. He is mentioning going here and there and not getting anywhere. He has said the room is not so nice, and he is gonna talk to the manager, and that they won't have to pay. Normally, my parents travel frequently so I think he is seeing himself at a hotel or something. His pancreas is getting worse and they don't know why, but his kidneys are now within normal range. They are trying to figure out why fluid is building up in his chest and other areas. Caryn

Comment

I just hope for comfort in this time for him. That means more than anything.

I ask this next question because unfortunately I have a lot of background experience.

What are his red and white cell counts.....and is the white blood count excessively high.
      Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 10-20-2008, 10:48 PM.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
        I just hope for comfort in this time for him. That means more than anything.

I ask this next question because unfortunately I have a lot of background experience.

What are his red and white cell counts.....and is the white blood count excessively high.
        His white blood cell count was really high, but then they gave him a broad spectrum of antibiotics, and they came down, but it is tricky because his pancreas is more inflamed.

Comment

Originally posted by fixitmom5x View Post
          His white blood cell count was really high, but then they gave him a broad spectrum of antibiotics, and they came down, but it is tricky because his pancreas is more inflamed.

Please don't take this the wrong way.

You tell that hospital they have till 6pm tomorrow to run oncology tests, specifically at the pancreas.

Without knowing anything about medicine, it sounds like advanced stages of pancreatic cancer.

I really hope I'm wrong and it's just something that will clear up. But I've seen this like "no one knows what's wrong" at the hospital and they know damn right well what's wrong.

Don't ever think for a minute that those hospitals don't take people as cash cows. It's just reality I'm sorry to say.

If they refuse and ask for more testing, ask for a release of the medical records and demand bloodwork results for certain deficiencies that seem really strange like low iron levels in the bloodstream.

Fluid levels rising is a marker of congestive heart failure. Lasics sp? should already be administered to him right now by drip IV and encourage him to urinate as much as possible, it will help him.

Fluid buildup can be lethal because if the liver isn't filtering correctly it will bring toxins into the body that it normally passes through urine. That will cause the patient to be incoherent, dazed, inability to stay conscious.

No matter if he's sleeping, he can hear everything and everybody in that room right now, whether he responds or not.

As I stated, I hope for the best and hope this is just a passing infection that clears up and he gets back to normal.

Comment

I will pray for you father.May I have his name?If not.Then I will just pray for Ms. Fixitmom's father.Hope it work's out well.
            Kenneth Collier
            Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
            Jackson, MS 39206
            (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
            drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Prayers for:
              Your dad's Illness and a full recovery.
              Strength for your dad and family members for strength to
              make it through this ordeal.

Dave

Comment

Thank you.

My dad's name is David.

He isbeing administered lasic, and they have done blood testing, and ctscans without contrast. They can't use contrast because it would cause more damage to his kidneys and pancreas. The cts show no shading or any signs of absess or cancer.

Comment

Thank you.

My dad's name is David.

He isbeing administered lasic, and they have done blood testing, and ctscans without contrast. They can't use contrast because it would cause more damage to his kidneys and pancreas. The cts show no shading or any signs of absess or cancer.

I'm so glad to hear that it isn't cancer. When he has good moments, ask him if he ate anything unusual, like a rare seafood or anything down the lines of fish. Have them check for reaction to iodine.

It's truly starting to sound like something he ingested.

Comment

Thank you.

My dad's name is David.

Being diabetic my pancreas does not work very well either. In addition, I was diagnoised with end-stage kidney failure 8-years ago and had a transplant 4-years ago. Yet still I am able to sit at my keyboard and visit with your dad's favorite daughter so don't give up hope.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark, thank you. My dad has diabetes too.
                      and how did you know? I am my dad's favorite daughter, hehe.

Comment

Hang in there Caryn. I know it's tuff when you are powerless and things are going good and the next thing you know they are not. A few days of the up and down is not too bad, but a week or two of the roller coaster really starts to take its toll. Try to stay strong.
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

i know how you feel, ill pray for him..

Comment

Update, My dad is more alert, but has a fever that isn't going away. In 2-3 days if the pancreas is not getting better and the fever persists, a Ctscan with contrast will be done to try to see if something is blocking the bile duct.

Thank you for your prayers.

Comment

Hi. My dad is doing much better. I talked to him on the phone today. He called and asked to speak with my kids. He is getting a blood transfusion tomorrow because he has lost a lot of blood I guess from all the blood tests over the past week. It is so great to hear him feeling a little better. His white cell count is still high, and his pancreas is still distended. His drs still say he is doing much better, and he seems much better. Thank you for all your prayers. I think my mom needs some prayers as she has been there 24/7 taking care of my dad. I come to the realization of what happens naturally as we all get older.

Comment

What's the latest news?
                                "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X