X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old man winter is a com'in

yes ladies and gentlemen, this is today.

and it's still falling.

and that's the way we like it.

p.s. the snow is fresher than fresh.
    Attached Files

Re: old man winter is a com'in

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
    and that's the way we like it.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Vince,
      If my geography is correct, you are in the Nunavut Territory on the western shore of Hudson Bay. When you look at a map, you are practically directly above me in Appleton, Wis. Anyway, it is getting colder here, but we won't have snow until (usually anyway) the first week of December. Sometimes, but not always, we might have snow for Thanksgiving. (Excuse my ignorance, but does Canada celebrate Thanksgiving?) Anyway, get your woolies out, with that much snow, it looks like you're in for a long winter.
      Cheers,
      Jim Don

Comment

Originally posted by JimDon View Post
        Vince,
        If my geography is correct, you are in the Nunavut Territory on the western shore of Hudson Bay. When you look at a map, you are practically directly above me in Appleton, Wis. Anyway, it is getting colder here, but we won't have snow until (usually anyway) the first week of December. Sometimes, but not always, we might have snow for Thanksgiving. (Excuse my ignorance, but does Canada celebrate Thanksgiving?) Anyway, get your woolies out, with that much snow, it looks like you're in for a long winter.
        Cheers,
        Jim Don
        We have Thanksgiving the second Monday in October, although most people have their turkey on Sunday and Monday is a travelling day.

We celebrate Christmas in February and Easter in July, although the July heat melts the chocolate eggs during the hunt..........

Ehhhh......just kidding, Christmas and Easter are on the same dates as you, only Thanksgiving is different....
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I thought we had a long winter!

Todays forecast called for some sleet and freezing rain here but it never came.
          The Farmers Almanac is saying we are in for a bunch of snow. I hope not. The snow acts as an insulator and helps to keep under ground sewer/water from freezing. I lost a bunch of $$ last winter from too much snow. I wonder why the government didn't offer to give me a fat check????
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Well we got hit yesterday and I am a bunch south of you, only 30 km north of lake Ontario

Still not gone this evening
            Attached Files

Comment

I feel your pain. It only got up to 75 here today. I broke out my long johns when it got down to 60 last night.
              "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                I feel your pain. It only got up to 75 here today. I broke out my long johns when it got down to 60 last night.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                  I feel your pain. It only got up to 75 here today.
                  So you had on a sweater? It was 94 here today

Where are the snowmen at?
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    Hey Gene, I know just a little about those Maine winter nights. I spent a long, cold night in my broken down car in a mall parking lot in Bangor in 1977.
                    You can have 'em!
                    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      So you had on a sweater? It was 94 here today

Where are the snowmen at?
                      You are awfull you couldn`t control yourself you just had to put the boot in, yes spring is on the way here.

Tony

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Yep - winter is a commin...
                          Had to get out the jacket for the morning commute (by motorbike)...
                          Commute home is still over 90...

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                            Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

yyyyeeeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!!!

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                              You are awfull you couldn`t control yourself you just had to put the boot in, yes spring is on the way here.

Tony
                              i forget you aussies have winter in the summer and suumer in the winter.

Vince

Comment

Working...
                              X