Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You Have to Vote

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    Perhaps that last post did lean a little But I and you all should have some very real concerns for the direction that this election has taken. Without a doubt this is the strangest election that I can remember in my life time. I believe in a two party system with checks and balances at the three levels of government. Our founding fathers were adament that no one branch should have all the power. One of the problems in the past 30 years or so is that there is no longer a clear separation of political philosophy between the parties anymore. Republicans acting like Democrats and vice versa. Worse yet is the every increasing need for both parties to wield all the power. The need and the good of the people have taken a backseat to political expediancy and the desire to rule. Mark my words. There will be an armed revolution in this country within the next 50 years if something is not done to even out the disparity. Politicians no longer work for the constituancy, they work for money and power at our expense. When personal taxation including fees, fines and any other thing they want to cal a tax, reach around 50% of income, then people will march upon Washington. Before it comes to that we need to march upon the media and the press because it is these greedy blood sucking leaches that are driving public opinion. They are responsible for elevating ordinary men to god like stature. They are responsible for filtering and doleing out the news and opinions that best suit their MONITARY greed. One of the mis-conceptions the right has is that the media is all left wing liberals. What they really are is money grubbing opportunists that know what sells advertising. The media is neither left nor right. They are what they are. Blood sucking leaches.

Political talk is still banned. This is way over the line in my opinion.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I'm sure this thread will be shut down. We all know how important it is to vote, we just don't all agree on which candidate to vote for and some of us think they have all the answers. Some here think we should vote but don't really have a right to cast our vote as we choose. Some people are doing their best to spread, lies, fear and ignorance in the face of defeat. Personally I think we lose either way, but I'll vote.

Comment

I'm not pushing an agenda or party either way. What I am doing is making comment on the gross manipulation of the truth from both parties, by the press. Anyhoo. I have faith in this great nation and in the constitution. No matter what happens in the next four years, if we don't like it, we can vote them all out and start again. Just like we are likely to do in a week from now.
        sigpic

Comment

"When personal taxation including fees, fines and any other thing they want to cal a tax, reach around 50% of income, then people will march upon Washington."

I seem to remember hearing that a little tea was burned over situations just such as this. In five places to be exact;

Boston
          Princeton
          Annapolis
          Charleston
          Greenwich
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I think those who want to vote will, and there are plenty of reminders to vote early, and vote period. I am getting tired of all these political race commercials. Ugh, I can't wait for the elections to be over.

Caryn

Soon the Celebrex commercials and the Political commercials will take over all the tv time slots

Comment

Unfortunatly it seems like they are never over. As soon as they raise ther right hand they are back on the campaign trail again.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm voting for Jessica Biel for President. I don't care who you are, she's damn sexy. I'd let her push my big red button any day of the week....oh wait, wrong forum.

Comment

I have one question.
                  Being from Australia are elections are quite short lived and we have one day only of voting in the whole country and we basically know the result that night but when do we find out who wins your election.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Some Day Plumbing View Post
                    I have one question.
                    Being from Australia are elections are quite short lived and we have one day only of voting in the whole country and we basically know the result that night but when do we find out who wins your election.

Simon
                    It depends on how close it is and whether either candidate challenges the results.In 2000 it took just over a month to decided because voters in Florida did not properly use a punch card system which had been used for ever and normally would not have mattered but the race was that close.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

If you believe the press, it was over a month ago.

Dewey Wins!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X