Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

You Have to Vote

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You Have to Vote

    Non partisan, but you have to vote this year. This election in these troubled times is just too damn important to blow off. It doesn't matter if you think the race is over. Just because the press tells you that it is, it ain't over till the fat lady sings, and I've not heard a peep from her yet. Your political leanings one way or another aside, please get out there and cast your ballott. Tell your friends. Hell take your friends. If for no other reason than we the people can not afford to let the press and media bully us into a decision that will effect the course of the nation.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Re: You Have to Vote

    Just to add to this, there is are plenty of other races. Even if you don't like either presidential candidate or live in a state in which it is (almost a foregone conclusion); there are still congressional and local races which will affect you. I'm not excited about the presidential race, but I'm plenty excited about the challenger in my congressional district.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: You Have to Vote

      Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Non partisan, but you have to vote this year. This election in these troubled times is just too damn important to blow off. It doesn't matter if you think the race is over. Just because the press tells you that it is, it ain't over till the fat lady sings, and I've not heard a peep from her yet. Your political leanings one way or another aside, please get out there and cast your ballott. Tell your friends. Hell take your friends. If for no other reason than we the people can not afford to let the press and media bully us into a decision that will effect the course of the nation.

      I'm voting for the honor of being able to clearly state it's not my fault. In addition, I will have 4-years of being able to blame others for their votes. Although it will be a minor consolation to say I told you so I am planning on wearing the phrase out.

      Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: You Have to Vote

        Originally posted by nhmaster3015 View Post
        non partisan, but you have to vote this year. This election in these troubled times is just too damn important to blow off. It doesn't matter if you think the race is over. Just because the press tells you that it is, it ain't over till the fat lady sings, and i've not heard a peep from her yet. Your political leanings one way or another aside, please get out there and cast your ballott. Tell your friends. Hell take your friends. If for no other reason than we the people can not afford to let the press and media bully us into a decision that will effect the course of the nation.

        amen!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: You Have to Vote

          In honor of ol' MP I WILL be getting my citizenship in time for the next opportunity to vote. Seriously, mostly to offset that particular man.



          Eli
          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: You Have to Vote

            I already did.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: You Have to Vote

              I will be voting, thank you.

              If you don't vote you are ok with how things currently are.

              Caryn

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: You Have to Vote

                If you don't vote, you are ignoring one of the primary responsibilities of being a U.S. citizen! I've never missed an opportunity to vote, whether it be just local or the all important national election. It's a duty and a privilege.

                CWS

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: You Have to Vote

                  Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                  If you don't vote, you are ignoring one of the primary responsibilities of being a U.S. citizen! I've never missed an opportunity to vote, whether it be just local or the all important national election. It's a duty and a privilege.

                  CWS
                  Local elections are so much more important than president. Mayor, town council, even the school board have a far greater immediate impact on YOU. Your Congressman and Senator are your fingers on the ballots and new legislation. President is important, too, but does not have the local impact of your Town Council, Governor or Mayor. No matter how you vote, just get there and do it. I'll be there to cast my vote. Like has been said, I will have the right to the age-old I voted for the Other Guy excuse!!!
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: You Have to Vote

                    state an local races are also of vital importance here. If the senate picks up enough members to hold all three branches of government you had best start stuffing money into a mattress and stock up on bullets for the coming revolution.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: You Have to Vote

                      Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                      Local elections are so much more important than president. Mayor, town council, even the school board have a far greater immediate impact on YOU. Your Congressman and Senator are your fingers on the ballots and new legislation. President is important, too, but does not have the local impact of your Town Council, Governor or Mayor. No matter how you vote, just get there and do it. I'll be there to cast my vote. Like has been said, I will have the right to the age-old I voted for the Other Guy excuse!!!
                      i totally agree with VASandy! statewide and local elections affect us more than president. i agree go vote. its one of the few rights they havent taken away yet......

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: You Have to Vote

                        josh, if nhmaster is gonna get partisan lets close this thread.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: You Have to Vote

                          Perhaps that last post did lean a little But I and you all should have some very real concerns for the direction that this election has taken. Without a doubt this is the strangest election that I can remember in my life time. I believe in a two party system with checks and balances at the three levels of government. Our founding fathers were adament that no one branch should have all the power. One of the problems in the past 30 years or so is that there is no longer a clear separation of political philosophy between the parties anymore. Republicans acting like Democrats and vice versa. Worse yet is the every increasing need for both parties to wield all the power. The need and the good of the people have taken a backseat to political expediancy and the desire to rule. Mark my words. There will be an armed revolution in this country within the next 50 years if something is not done to even out the disparity. Politicians no longer work for the constituancy, they work for money and power at our expense. When personal taxation including fees, fines and any other thing they want to cal a tax, reach around 50% of income, then people will march upon Washington. Before it comes to that we need to march upon the media and the press because it is these greedy blood sucking leaches that are driving public opinion. They are responsible for elevating ordinary men to god like stature. They are responsible for filtering and doleing out the news and opinions that best suit their MONITARY greed. One of the mis-conceptions the right has is that the media is all left wing liberals. What they really are is money grubbing opportunists that know what sells advertising. The media is neither left nor right. They are what they are. Blood sucking leaches.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: You Have to Vote

                            who ever wins this election, it will be because the people elected them. i may think its dumb as i have a lot lately, but will accept the will of the people. im not going to riot about the peoples decision. and im smart enough to have an opinion of my own withhout listening to the media idiots on the left and on the right.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: You Have to Vote

                              ps, iwould be damn glad to be in the class to pay 50 percent income tax. im way below that!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X