Woussko's New Toy = Less howling on here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Woussko's New Toy = Less howling on here

OK, It's time I post something from this new and pretty crazy digital camera so here goes. I hope these work on here. Please note the junk in the background. That is proof these are not from the Simpson web site.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Woussko; 10-31-2008, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
      I finally broke down and picked up a new digital camera....
      REJOICE, REJOICE, FORE WOUSSKO WON'T BE MAKING SO MUCH NOISE!!!
      Finally the forum gets a short vacation from The Howling Hound. Yeeeee Haaaaaaa....

HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

OK, It's time I post something from this new and pretty crazy digital camera so here goes. I hope these work on here. Please note the junk in the background. That is proof these are not from the Simpson web site.
          Well, I have never heard of, nor can I google, that new fangled digital camera of yours. You couldn't have picked up a Kodak EasyShare or a Canon digital, something a little/lot more user friendly (they're now only about a hundred bucks up here even)?!!?!?!

Just teasing, Woussko. Glad you got it. It sure seems to take some nice quality photos - really good optic quality. Now, we're all going to be bombarded with threads and posts of "what is this tool?", and "what is this mechanical part?", and "what is this piece of hardware?", and "what is this powertool?", and "what does this fungal growth look like to you?"

Comment

That is a nice looking VOM! I know you have a similiar ocilliscope around there.

Andy

Comment

OK It's confession time for Woussko

The Dungfungo is really a little discontinued model NIKON CoolPix which was a gutted out display model. For fun a junky but not bad looking name plate with DUNGFUNGO was put over NIKON on it. I got it dirt cheap as a total joke. Anyway it's now back at Ritz camera in the junk items department and soon will end up in the trash, I'm pretty sure.

The pictures are of my MINT condition and pretty current Simpson 260 series 8 VOM Multimeter and were taken using a good friend's Canon Rebel XSi with the kit lens, a 18-55mm Image Stabilized model. I'm seriously looking at both Canon and Nikon and I want a good digital SLR camera when I put some serious $$$ down for one. In the past I have both used and owned 35mm SLR and also bang shooter cameras. The SLRs are a totally different beast from the little bang shooters.

Bang shooter camera = point and shoot

Now if only I could find my BIG and I mean BIG old plaster piggy bank full of 100 pounds plus of quarters, nickles and dimes along with some coin 1/2 dollars in it. Oh where, or where is my big piggy bank? Oh where or where can it be? (take off of "Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone"?)

By the way the local coin-op laundry owner said he needs loads of quarters so I'll sell mine to him soon. The other coins will go my local bank branch and become a deposit into my checking account.
              Last edited by Woussko; 10-31-2008, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post
                That is a nice looking VOM! I know you have a similar oscilloscope around there.

Andy
                My scope is an older LEADER and doesn't get used that much. I used to dream about a nice Tektronix but didn't have the need or $$$.

Speaking about wild stuff, please have a look at this wild Simpson digital out of the past. I think it's pretty cool. I would like to have one but my Fluke is sooooo much better in function, design and accuracy that this would just become another junker on the shelf.

http://www.simpson260.com/360/simpson_360-2-a.htm
                http://www.simpson260.com/360/simpson_360-1.htm

Comment

[quote=Woussko;185259]OK It's confession time for Woussko

The Dungfungo is really a little discontinued model NIKON CoolPix which was a gutted out display model. For fun a junky but not bad looking name plate with DUNGFUNGO was put over NIKON on it. I got it dirt cheap as a total joke. Anyway it's now back at Ritz camera in the junk items department and soon will end up in the trash, I'm pretty sure.

The pictures are of my MINT condition and pretty current Simpson 260 series 8 VOM Multimeter and were taken using a good friend's Canon Rebel XSi with the kit lens, a 18-55mm Image Stabilized model. I'm seriously looking at both Canon and Nikon and I want a good digital SLR camera when I put some serious $$$ down for one. In the past I have both used and owned 35mm SLR and also bang shooter cameras. The SLRs are a totally different beast from the little bang shooters.

Bang shooter camera = point and shoot

Now if only I could find my BIG and I mean BIG old plaster piggy bank full of 100 pounds plus of quarters, nickles and dimes along with some coin 1/2 dollars in it. Oh where, or where is my big piggy bank? Oh where or where can it be? (take off of "Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone"?)

By the way the local coin-op laundry owner said he needs loads of quarters so I'll sell mine to him soon. The other coins will go my local bank branch and become a deposit into my checking account.

I guess that would explain why those trying to help could not locate a Dungfungo XR7 using Google.

As far as cameras go if all your going to do is play on the Internet you could get away with a cheap 3 MP or less camera.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

As far as cameras go if all your going to do is play on the Internet you could get away with a cheap 3 MP or less camera.

Mark
                    True, very true

Comment

Dungfungo - can't believe I fell/googled for that....

Yeah, a 3mp would be just about right. At my local Wal-Mart/Shoppers Drug Mart/Or-some-store-like-that, they've had a Kodak EasyShare 7.1 MP (I think, if not better) on sale for $99.99. Only 2 years ago, I bought my wife her Canon A5xx series digital camera, 4mp, for around $350.

Comment

Tomorrow I'm going to do some serious looking and will most likely bring home some manor of a working digital camera. I really do want a good DSLR but unless I can find my plaster piggy bank the size of a large hog, then it will have to be a low cost Point & Shoot model, but not another joke one.

To everyone that did attempt to look up DUNGFUNGO that was a made up name. Several people including me tried it on a Google search to be sure there was no such company making photographic equipment.

Comment

This is always a good place to check out various cameras.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs.asp

Canon Powershot series are nice.

My latest is the Canon XSi with a couple lenses and a flash.

I have a cheapo Samsung Digimax 530 that I keep in the truck for quick shots if I don't have anything else with me.
                          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Bob

Thanks for the info. I bet you like the Rebel XSi. A friend of mine that runs an eBay trading assistant business and also takes wildlife pictures got one about a month ago. Both of us really like it. Now if only I can get him to buy a few really good lenses and a good polarizer or two for it. For the eBay stuff we are both amazed how good pictures come out indoors and with the kit lens. I'm tempted to get the same but several stores here have specials on other nice Canon models and that one being a HOT seller isn't discounted. Maybe I'm coo coo but I really like SLRs better than point and shoot. They are $$$ but all the things you can do with one make it worth every cent IMO.

To everyone
                            You'll know all too well when I go get my new camera whatever it ends up being. I will be busy learning it and having fun so there will be less time for me to HOWL away on here. That should give all of you some peace for a nice change.

Part 2: My friend can use his camera and lenses and accessories as a business expense tax deduction.

Part 3: I wish all digital SLRs had some easy way to convert lens focal length to what it would be on a 35mm SLR without having to remember the conversion factor. On the XSi FL x 1.6 comes close. On many Nikons it's FL x 1.5 ... I could really blow the $$$ and go full frame, I guess.
                            Last edited by Woussko; 11-04-2008, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Panasonic Lumix are great. Leica does their lenses and they are very sharp and clear (ask a pro photographer about Leica). I have a 12x zoom that equates to 38-420 on a 35 mm. Some of their newer 10x models are equivalent to 28-280. You can put it in the simple mode and only ever touch the zoom and shutter.

Comment

i dont think we will ever see a picture it will be just like all the times he will show up to a event and no show
                                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                                X