Woussko's New Toy = Less howling on here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Woussko's New Toy = Less howling on here

Nikon made the F2/F3/F4 professional bodies which were of roughly the same era. Kind of confusing because they both used similar naming schemes. The F-1 was Canon's first true professional 35mm camera. Came out around 1970. In the 80's they came out with the F-1 New which was a modernized version and the last true manual/mechanical body they made before going all electronic with the Eos line.

Original F-1
    http://www.shutterbug.com/equipmentr...cal/0407canon/

Second generation F-1
    http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Canon_F-1

Comment

This is the collection. Two A-1's, two FTb's, one T60, one EOS Elan, and two F-1's. One of the F-1s has become a sacrificial piece for spare parts for the other one. No more spare parts for any of these! The bottom pictures are Leica M2, M3, M4, and M6. The oldest are the M2 and M3 from around the mid 1950's. The newest M6 is from around 1998. Not much changed in those 40 years or even with the new one and I'm pretty sure they still service them except these cameras rarely ever go bad.
      http://www.photoethnography.com/Clas...html~mainFrame
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Velosapien; 11-09-2008, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I'm holding out and reading reviews and such. Before I get serious about the purchase of new equipment I want to have a good idea I'll be happy with what I buy and that it will serve me well. I think I'll wait until early January 2009 when the dealers run big sales.

Comment

Woussko, tomorrow never comes. There will always be a better mousetrap on the drawing board that is just weeks away from being introduced to the market.

If you wait until Jan 09 there will be a whole new crop of cameras out there to choose from.

Look at some good condition used pro equipment from B&H and other respectable camera dealers or find what you want from todays selection that will meet your needs...buy it and don't look back.

Once you get caught on the upgrade tread wheel you'll never be able to jump off.
          Last edited by Bob D.; 11-17-2008, 04:16 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            Once you get caught on the upgrade tread wheel you'll never be able to jump off.
            Soooooooooooo right that is. For my needs the DUNGFUNGO real POC is all I really need only it was de-gutted. On the other hand do the people of this forum need for me to be posting insane pictures of hounds eating and then howling? "The Dreaded Workshop" At The Woussko Hut? ... I think you get the idea.

Woussko needs a toy that will keep me far, far away from my computer.
            Last edited by Woussko; 11-15-2008, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
              How about a bike? Some roller blades maybe? Ooooh, ooooh, I know! Some power tools so you can get out of the house and build something! (No, wait, that hasn't worked thus far....)

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                Soooooooooooo right that is. For my needs the DUNGFUNGO real POC is all I really need only it was de-gutted. On the other hand do the people of this forum need for me to be posting insane pictures of hounds eating and then howling? "The Dreaded Workshop" At The Woussko Hut? ... I think you get the idea.

Woussko, I live in dread of images. You have built an identity of such singular beauty that I fear video content can only expose you as mortal, banal. A small piece of me retains hope that with appropriate precision, you might reveal yourself as divine. Choose your new equipment with care.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  Woussko, I live in dread of images. You have built an identity of such singular beauty that I fear video content can only expose you as mortal, banal. A small piece of me retains hope that with appropriate precision, you might reveal yourself as divine. Choose your new equipment with care.

Comment

Working...
                  X