Woussko's New Toy = Less howling on here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woussko's New Toy = Less howling on here

I finally broke down and picked up a new digital camera. The brand and model may be relieved later (only if I want to confess to what it is) but the best part is that there will be less of my stupid posting on this forum for awhile. I have to spend time trying to figure out how to use my nice new toy. The included ultra tiny manual has too fine print for my old eyes, so I downloaded the manual so I can print it on 8-1/2" x 11" paper that's got 3 holes punched along one side so I can put it all in a 3 ring binder.

REJOICE, REJOICE, FORE WOUSSKO WON'T BE MAKING SO MUCH NOISE!!!
    Finally the forum gets a short vacation from The Howling Hound. Yeeeee Haaaaaaa

Sometime picture #1 which will be a good one of "The Woussko Hut" and picture #2 which will be my work shop of horror will be posted. You'll can have fun laughing then.
    Last edited by Woussko; 10-29-2008, 05:21 PM.

Re: Woussko's New Toy = Less howling on here

Howling, howling and more howling............... and NOW pictures!!!!! What are we in for??????
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Take a picture of your new digital camera so we can all see.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Howling, howling and more howling............... and NOW pictures!!!!! What are we in for??????
        Do you really want to know the answer? It may make you very

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post
        Take a picture of your new digital camera so we can all see.

Andy
        Let's see; I can take pictures of it using my trusty vintage 35mm film SLR camera outside during the daytime as the flash is long history. Then I can take the film (12 exposure color print - C41 processing) roll to a local quick processing place (Ritz Camera) and have prints made. Then upon returning to The Woussko Hut I can scan them and post those here. Hmmmm ... That should lower my howling rate and that's a very good thing, I think.

Look for them late on Halloween night.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post

Let's see; I can take pictures of it using my trusty vintage 35mm film SLR camera outside during the daytime as the flash is long history. Then I can take the film (12 exposure color print - C41 processing) roll to a local quick processing place (Ritz Camera) and have prints made. Then upon returning to The Woussko Hut I can scan them and post those here. Hmmmm ... That should lower my howling rate and that's a very good thing, I think.
          \
          OR, you can just take a photo while you are looking in the mirror
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            All the mirrors at The Woussko Hut long ago shattered when I got near them. I think we know why.

Anyway, rather than more howling from me, I really need to make ZZZs and then in the morning attempt to figure it out enough so I can get something out of it.
            Last edited by Woussko; 10-30-2008, 07:09 PM. Reason: .PDF file just cluttering server

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
              You would make a very good software engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                joey's more into hardware. she helps on sundays at our hardware store

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

That does explain a lot of Vista problems if that's what it takes to be a software engineer!!!

Just kidding!!!

Congrats on the new camera, Woussko. Can't wait to see the pics.
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                    That does explain a lot of Vista problems if that's what it takes to be a software engineer!!!
                    The simplest solution is usually the best solution, particularly when you avoid a special case.

Comment

For the curious it's so far the camera from hell. It's a Dungfungo XR7 in case anyone wants to look it up. It seems to work but no files are on the little SD memory card. I put the card into my USB reader-writer and I can write and read back files off my hard disk so that is working. I'm sure it's a ME, ME, ME problem and maybe I'll get it figured out. Then on the other hand being an off brand fully Chinese product most likely it's a real *&^%$&* like Adam Sandler's famous car.

By the way I got it at RITZ dirt cheap as it was a mint condition (really) trade-in. Some of their stores do take trade-ins. Old Woussko is too **** cheap to buy anything good. My real piggy bank and stuffed mattress $$$ is only for hand and power tools and sometime a few improvements to my computer.

Ranting off
                      Last edited by Woussko; 10-30-2008, 12:48 PM.

Comment

The simplest solution is usually the best solution, particularly when you avoid a special case.
                        Good thinking there CPW and this little joke of a camera is soon to see an anvil and sledge hammer.

Comment

You might be able to plug a USB cable directly from the computer to the camera; which could be easier than futzing around with the SD card reader.

Comment

The Dungfungo XR7 doesn't have any ports on it. That's how cheap it is.

Sometime when I find my BIG plaster pig full of lots of $$$ in coins then I'll think about
                            getting a good rather than a POC digital camera. Until then I can day dream of it happening.

Hint: Has anyone ever heard of a Dungfungo camera? The brand? Anything?
                            Last edited by Woussko; 10-30-2008, 07:08 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                              The Dungfungo XR7 doesn't have any ports on it. That's how cheap it is.

Sometime when I find my BIG plaster pig full of lots of $$$ in coins then I'll think about
                              getting a good rather than a POC digital camera. Until then I can day dream of it happening.

Hint: Has anyone ever heard of a Dungungo camera? The brand? Anything?
                              If you type that in Google doesn't find it. To a first order approximation, if Google doesn't find it, then it does not exist.

Comment

Working...
                              X