X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid / Milwaukee T-Shirts

I found these while snooping around on eBay. Someone's selling a couple of t-shirts for Ridgid, Milwaukee, Bosch, etc.

The Ridgid ones are nice, but man, the Milwaukee ones had some thought put into them. Good tongue-in-cheek sayings on the backs.

Josh, ProBrand - how's about if we get some forum members to give some design suggestions going, do you fellas think we could then get some new style Ridgid t-shirts going, with some wicked sayings and/or graphics? Something new to maybe put in the Ridgid online store with the coffee cups and golf balls, or whatever else is on there (). We can't let Milwaukee win this little battle, can we??!!!! This is a call to arms!!! FREEDOM!!!!
    Attached Files

Re: Ridgid / Milwaukee T-Shirts

Do you mean to say you haven't seen Plumber Rick's famous T-shirt of the IMPRESSONATER K-60 drain cleaning machine? Now there's a nice T-shirt for you.

I would like to see high quality oxford and polo shirts made for RIDGID with quality multi color embroidery on them. Some real class, please.

Have any of you ever seen the cool black denim jackets with the huge Harley-Davidson logo on the back? Now there is some nice embroidery work for you.

Speaking about Milwaukee they used to have some very nice caps.
    Last edited by Woussko; 10-30-2008, 10:08 AM.

Comment

If anybody had some clever ideas for RIDGID slogans, I'd listen. Could be fun. Please limit the "RIDGID Tool" double entendres, I think I've seen them all...

Canuck, may your battle cry not lead you to the same unfortunate end as met William Wallace, we like having you around.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
        If anybody had some clever ideas for RIDGID slogans, I'd listen. Could be fun. Please limit the "RIDGID Tool" double entendres, I think I've seen them all...

Canuck, may your battle cry not lead you to the same unfortunate end as met William Wallace, we like having you around.
        ProBrand,

So you mean that, "Ridgid - We Are Tools" is off of the table? Just kidding, bud. Couldn't resist at least one.

And good call on the Braveheart pick-up. I wanted to inject a little pee-and-vinegar spirit into this idea. And I sure as heck don't know about meeting THAT unfortunate end, but if the Mrs. has any say in it, I may not survive life without some sort of sharp surgical instrument to the groin area in the near future. But that's another thread....
        Last edited by canucksartech; 10-30-2008, 03:15 PM. Reason: Speeling

Comment

Regarding shirts, I like the idea of bold colours. I love how the red Milwaukee shirts stand out and kick you in the butt. The Ridgid one - I personally am not a fan of the standard white or grey -type shirts. I think you'd have to do them in either Ridgid black and/or orange t-shirts for a base, to really grab people's attention. Or, if you were going to go for another tone, maybe the darker charcoal grey like the colour of the overmolds on the power tools, rather than the light cloud grey that you see with so many promotional t-shirts. That's my colour options anyways.

My next-door neighbour (and cigar-smoking-and-wine-and-rum-drinking-companion) runs an advertising, silk-screening, and embroidery business. His personal specialty is doing the custom embroidery ideas - I'll see if we can get any ideas from him (the custom stuff that he does is awesome). He might know of something that would really kick butt for an idea for these.

Comment

Here's some sayings that I've thought about (this was a bored time-user for me last night on midnights, so I've been giving some serious, coffee-fueled thought to it):
            • "Stocked and Loaded"
            • "Authorized to Rock....For Life"
            • "Show Them The Love" or "They'll Show You Love"
            • "Quality Second to None"
            • "For a Professional Future"
            • "Ready to be Used, Abused, and Misused....In All The Right Ways" (yeah, I know)
            • "Ready For A Charge?"
            • "Build The Future Better"
            • "Get Built"
            • "Make All Others Eat Humble Pie"
            • "All Marriages Should Last A Lifetime...."
            Regarding the shirt, below are some pictures. The dark grey t-shirt is the one I like best. I think the "Ridgid: Powerful. Durable. Professional" should be the main and big logo, dead center on the chest of the shirt, similar to the Milwaukee shirts' idea. Then, maybe the MaxSelect logo on one shirt sleeve. And then one of the sayings across the back, nice and big.

Also, the other pictures (the last 3) could be something for the other sleeve. Either the saying "Tools for the Professional", "Tools for a Lifetime", or the Home Depot logo (depending on sponsorship, I guess, to help keep shirt costs down?), could be on the sleeve opposite the MaxSelect logo on the other sleeve.

But a good witty saying across the back. I almost want to buy one of the earlier posted Milwaukee shirts just for the sayings.
            Attached Files

Comment

Okay, enough of me posting....I'll let others have some fun, too!

Comment

Bump.

Comment

I agree about the dark colored shirts.

Comment

i have a ridgid tool.

Vince

Comment