X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congratulations Barack Obama!

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post

Way to go America........you've voted in a dude with the middle name Hussein.

Ridiculous.
    Totally inappropiate to judge him by something he has no control of (his middle name).
    Open your mind, he's a great American. Even McCain himself acknowledged it.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
      Totally inappropiate to judge him by something he has no control of (his middle name).
      Open your mind, he's a great American. Even McCain himself acknowledged it.
      I agree with you 100%. There are enough substantive things to disagree on.

And even though I complain about Obama's policies and resume, if you look at a broader view, our values probably overlap to a large extent.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
        I agree with you 100%. There are enough substantive things to disagree on.

And even though I complain about Obama's policies and resume, if you look at a broader view, our values probably overlap to a large extent.
        Right. He WILL be our president. Now, if you reject him because he's a democrat, fine. If you reject him because he is too fiscally liberal, fine. If you think he's inexperienced, fine.

But don't reject him for his race, religion, or his name. That is just narrow-minded bigotry.

Comment

Don't worry, if things get better it will be because of a delayed response to Bush's genius. If things go wrong it can be on Obama. If McCain won it could have been the dems in the house and senate when things go bad, and of course the any good would be an opportunity to thank the lord Barrack didn't win.

Hardline partisans will always have their formula to whine and cry and blame.

Eli
          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
            Don't worry, if things get better it will be because of a delayed response to Bush's genius. If things go wrong it can be on Obama. If McCain won it could have been the dems in the house and senate when things go bad, and of course the any good would be an opportunity to thank the lord Barrack didn't win.

Hardline partisans will always have their formula to whine and cry and blame.

Eli
            And for the record, I do it too.
            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
              And for the record, I do it too.
              Way to be honest!

Comment

I feel that America just threw a hail mary. I thinks it's either going to work or fall seriously short.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I hope for a change that will bring America together as one people known as great Americans, and the best country in the world.

I hope for employment to get better.

I hope for medical health care to get better.

I hope for the housing market to get better.

I hope for the wars to come to a conclusion and for our soldiers to come home safely.

I hope for less violence.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    I feel that America just threw a hail mary. I thinks it's either going to work or fall seriously short.
                    Good comment, he will either keep his promises or at least work hard to keep them or do like most politicians. I've never cared for racism, even as a little boy I knew it was wrong. I think the guys here who made derogatory comments because he is Black and not because of his middle name or politics just don't believe what our country stands for! We either support that "All Men are created Equal" or we are living in the wrong country. Which is it? I'm surprised this Thread was even allowed given the attitude of some. Can a Man's heart and beliefs change? Is this the greatest country in the world? Do we fight in foreign lands to promote Freedom and justice, but endorse a different standard at home? If my post doesn't last very long I got my answer.

Comment

Frank,
                      Excellent post. I am deeply troubled by the comments I have seen here by a few who apparently still don't and never will "get it." I hope Ridgid has the fortitude, the wisdom, the foresight, and the knowledge to do what must be done and take steps to end this kind of behavior now.
                      Jim

Comment

The rich will be taxed heavily now and the little guys will be laid off. Its a good thing TV and internet teaches everybody these days to do their own electrical, plumbing and carpentry. Now there's no need to call in a professional/business owner. Good luck to all of you, I'm getting out of the business and that ain't no joke.
                        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by fixitmom5x View Post
                          I hope for a change that will bring America together as one people known as great Americans, and the best country in the world.

I hope for employment to get better.

I hope for medical health care to get better.

I hope for the housing market to get better.

I hope for the wars to come to a conclusion and for our soldiers to come home safely.

I hope for less violence.

Sadly you will never have America truly come together as long as you have Peggy the Mooch taking Joe the Plumbers hard earned cash. When she talked about how excited she was that she would no longer have to worry about paying to put gas in her car or to pay her mortgage because Obama was going to do it it set the stage. Entitlement programs are nothing short of class-warfare.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

For me, it kept coming back to a couple main points:

1. McCain's camp was really hush hush about his health. When you're 73, have a history of cancer, and are running for the most powerful position in the world, I dont want hush hush.

2. If he had chosen (what I feel) would have been a better VP candidate, maybe things would have been different. But, taking into account #1, and the fact that if something bad did happen to him, Palin would be in charge.......well, it scares me.

Ive gotten all of the emails about "obama and only 143 days in the senate", etc......I hate to sound like a bandwagoner, but.........the history of the presidency shows many men with lots and lots of government experience. Maybe it really is time for "change"....in the form of someone who may have not ended up so jaded from long periods of government service.

I did like McCains speech though.........it reminds me of Gore and his concession speech. If only he was that eloquent throughout, things might have turned out differently.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by JimDon View Post
                              Frank,
                              Excellent post. I am deeply troubled by the comments I have seen here by a few who apparently still don't and never will "get it." I hope Ridgid has the fortitude, the wisdom, the foresight, and the knowledge to do what must be done and take steps to end this kind of behavior now.
                              Jim
                              Thanks Jim. I did not agree with either candidate all that much. The truly rich will continue to hire very good tax people to work the system and may pay even less taxes than in the past. Will we get affordable energy? Will Obama make good on his words? Time will tell and he sure has his hands full, but I know in my heart that a man cannot be a good American or a good Christian if he is a racist. Men of honor see beyond skin color. Please, my fellow Forum members, be men of honor. Critique Obama's ideas, plans and performance, not his race. I think the republicans will learn from this defeat and unless we get results in the next couple of years, the democrats will be out!

Comment

Well at least I have someone to blame ALL the worlds problems on now. When things go bad though I'm sure it will be blamed on "the mess" Bush left behind.

What I don't understand is why everyone blaming Bush for problems with the economy, unemployment, health care, Taxes ETC... When the people in the Senate like Obama and Mccain are the ones that are truly in a position to initiate and implement change. The President can only sign or veto a bill.
                                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
                                X