Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Does it Take a Computer Geek to Change a Lightbulb?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Does it Take a Computer Geek to Change a Lightbulb?

2.5 hours if it is a headlight assembly of a Mazda 3. There are two bolts that hold it onto the frame that are covered by the front bumper.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7301cdd3dccf660af280a88e9e6e16fd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	4800

Interestingly in the users manual it says replacing a blinker is "A complicated and difficult procedure that should be performed by your authorized Mazda dealer." I suspect that there isn't enough room to replace it from behind without taking off the bumper and headlight assembly.

Seagulls suck. They especially suck when they hit your car at 65mph and crack a headlight assembly. New cars suck because there aren't any totalled ones yet to get a used assembly from. Mazda dealerships suck because they want $486 for the part. The collision place that fixed my door on the other hand is great, because the auto wreckers they referred me to, was able to UPS me a new part the very next day for only $325 + shipping + tax; saving me $141.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cpw; 11-05-2008, 01:40 AM.

Re: How Long Does it Take a Computer Geek to Change a Lightbulb?

That must have been some call to the insurance company.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
      That must have been some call to the insurance company.
      No call to the insurance company, just a few calls to find out how much the part/labor would cost.

Comment

cpw,

a little off topic.

i noticed in one of your pics you have drywall over a slab.

do you have mold on the drywall close to the slab?

the reason i ask is because there are people up here with mold on drywall located over a slab.

the only advise i've heard to combat this is to install 6" of treated plywood to prevent this.

Vince

Comment

Excuse me, but your blinker is still on....
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
            cpw,

a little off topic.

i noticed in one of your pics you have drywall over a slab.

do you have mold on the drywall close to the slab?

the reason i ask is because there are people up here with mold on drywall located over a slab.

the only advise i've heard to combat this is to install 6" of treated plywood to prevent this.

Vince
            There is no mold on the drywall near the slab. Most of my house isn't on a slab, but the laundry room and garage are. The wall that separates them has the drywall go to about 1/2" of the slab, but the exterior walls all have a cinder block that is underneath the drywall (so it starts about 8" above the slab). I've never actually seen any moisture there, so hopefully I won't get any mold.

Comment

And hopefully Vince didn't just jinx you
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

On my little suzuki multicab in the philippines,a cheap car,I had to replace a bunch of bulbs including 1 headlight bulb.I had to take off the fake grill a couple trip pieces then the headlight retainer junk.Then finally you get to the molded headlight.I always had problems with the adjustment on its headlights as they pointed way too high,low beams were like high beams.As I said this is a cheaply made car...there were no headlight adjustment screws..nor any provision for them.So 2 trips around town found some longer screws, a bunch of washers,a tube of silicone caulk.I siliconed about 5 washers together for each screw on top,4 screws.Changed the bulbs and put it back together.All that with the running around having the wife trying to explain what I wanted and everything only took about 4 hours.I found it funny too that to get the headlight out you had to unplug it from inside the car before removing it.When I first saw that I thought hey just unplug it and pop the bulb out..nope the hole is just big enough for the wiring plug to fit thru and theres no way to reach in to get to the bulb.As I said its a cheap car 650cc beer can on wheels basically that had doors added.I once saw 10 filipinos pick up and carry the pickup version partly off a beach ,it had the 4x4 option but the sand was just too soft for the stock narrow tires.I have the same stock 12'' tires here on my little boat trailer.
                Sam

Comment

Working...
                X