X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw blades

can anyone out there tell me where i can fnd the "jig-saw" type of saw blade that fits in the new ridgid compact recip.
    they do not carry them at home depot, can't find them on-line
    the only one i have seen came in the tri-pack of blades that came with the saw.
    any help would be apprieciated

Re: Saw blades

Doesn't this use standard blades? From the looks of the blades in the manual, you can use just about any recip saw blade (bosch makes some good ones). Just get ones that have the same mount end as the ones that came with the saw.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Re: Saw blades

CHRISCO57

Please post the model number. We need to be sure we are all talking about the same model. Most reciprocating saws can use the standard blades but not all. Makita has a cordless that only will take their special blades and your new Ridgid might be like that. Before going on, please post the model. Then I can look it up online (hopefully) and see what kind of blade clamp it has. I sure hope they didn't mess up and require special blades for it.

================================================== ===============================================

This is an old problem and relates to real Milwaukee Sawzall and their own blades. Some had too much paint on the shanks and you couldn't insert them fully into the blade clamps. The solution was to remove the paint on the shanks. Sandpaper, a wire brush or chemical paint remover helped. Also being sure the retaining hole was cleaned out helped.

I haven't run into this problem for some time, but there's always a chance it will happen again.
      Last edited by Woussko; 11-09-2008, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X