X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circuit City Files For Bankruptacy Protection

Here is an article on their woos by Associated Press.

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_...681x1200841555

It looks like many will loose jobs and stores will close. Not good and especially at this time of the year.

Re: Circuit City Files For Bankruptacy Protection

No surprise there.

Have you been in one lately?

My last visit was 2 years ago: 6 employees standing around watching football on the big screen ignoring customers

I've been getting some of there Sunday fliers lately. Wow! they have been slashing prices hard

Comment

We already have one in our valley and a second one should be open by Christmas.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'm sure we will see more and more of these big chain stores closing as consumers cut back on spending.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          We already have one in our valley and a second one should be open by Christmas.

Mark
          They are opening up by you All of ours closed a while back.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I can't stand going in their stores but every now and then if something is at a very good price I'll order it online and let "Big Brown" deliver it here.

On the other hand just the idea of going to, or in any way doing business with "Worst Buy" makes me vomit. I keep my distance.
            Last edited by Woussko; 11-10-2008, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
              They are opening up by you All of ours closed a while back.
              I don't shop them because most of what I buy is online but our one store is doing well and now they are opening a second store. It is in the new shopping center right where you exit the freeway to get to our house.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I haven't been in a big box electronics store in maybe 15 years.Theres none near me.But amazon loves me and big brown trucks know where I live.Bought my lcd tv at radio shack when they were closing out the model,old tv died of advanced age.I'm sure the after xmas sales will be huge bargins this year.
                Sam

Comment

Poor management...

Comment

Hate to admit it but I'm VERY happy Long time ago in a previous business they burned us for $5,000. Feel for laid off employees and what this represents whats happening to the economy.

I still have to

wookie

Comment

Bait & Switch deals - WATCH OUT !

I was in CC the other day to use a balance on a gift card I had from them before they close up for good.

Found an item (an LED Flashlight) and took it to the cashier. Price was $3 more than it was priced at on the shelf. I complained but it did no good. I left before I made a scene.

Today I was back by there so decided to try again and get a USB flash drive, can't have enough of those I figure. SO I go by and see the item I had in my hand the other day. Its back on the shelf but now marked even lower, the price has dropped from the 17.99 sale price on Thur. to 15.99 today. I decide to try again and go to the cashier with the item. She says the price is 20.99 (same price they quoted me on Thursday). I say it is marked as 15.99 today and that is marked down from 17.99. She says the price in the computer is what we go by. I said then take all the markdown tags off the isles as that is just false advertising.

I spoke to the manager this time with no resolution reached. He didn't even care nor did he or anyone else there want to see where the item was on the shelf to verify the pricing one way or the other.

I have contacted the NJ Div of Consumer Affairs and filed a complaint about this practice.

Good riddance I say.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I can't really blame the employees Bob. How would you like to be on that sinking ship in this economy? Stuck at a dead end job. No hope of finding any other retailers hiring. Just waiting for the day you show up for work and the doors are locked

Nice job on filing a complaint I would never take the time to do that unless I was really ripped off

Kick 'em again while they're down

Comment

Re: Bait & Switch deals - WATCH OUT !

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                          I was in CC the other day to use a balance on a gift card I had from them before they close up for good.

Found an item (an LED Flashlight) and took it to the cashier. Price was $3 more than it was priced at on the shelf. I complained but it did no good. I left before I made a scene.

Today I was back by there so decided to try again and get a USB flash drive, can't have enough of those I figure. SO I go by and see the item I had in my hand the other day. Its back on the shelf but now marked even lower, the price has dropped from the 17.99 sale price on Thur. to 15.99 today. I decide to try again and go to the cashier with the item. She says the price is 20.99 (same price they quoted me on Thursday). I say it is marked as 15.99 today and that is marked down from 17.99. She says the price in the computer is what we go by. I said then take all the markdown tags off the isles as that is just false advertising.
                          P.S. Bob if you are looking for a good LED flashlight at a reasonable price, Walmart has a few new ones on the selves. Now if you are looking for a real good LED flashlight, checkout "candlepowerforums.com" and go to the LED discussions, there are some amazing flashlights being made these days.

I spoke to the manager this time with no resolution reached. He didn't even care nor did he or anyone else there want to see where the item was on the shelf to verify the pricing one way or the other.

I have contacted the NJ Div of Consumer Affairs and filed a complaint about this practice.

Good riddance I say.
                          Bob, I think I would have pushed to the point of getting the police to show up. In many states they must give you the item for the price marked. Still better to walk away than hurt someone or get arrested. If I'm in the supermarket and a price rings up higher than marked on the shelf, I walk over and remove the price from the shelf and bring it to the cashier. I have never failed to get the price marked, even if the sale is expired.
                          Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-31-2009, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Circuit city built a brand new store here two years ago.

Last year the old one 4-5 miles away had it's store closing sale.

The new one should be closing soon.

I buy online whenever I can so I don't have to pay state taxes.

I bought my new panasonic 50" plasma online in 2007 from a store in montana for $1899 (shipping included). The same model at local stores was at the time was $2500 plus 8.7% state sales taxes.

I'd love to contribute to my local community by shopping locally and paying taxes but, well, I saved $800.00. How do you pass that up?

I suspect alot of people are doing this, on top of the financial crisis in the country, many more chains will close, I'm thinking.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                              Circuit city built a brand new store here two years ago.

Last year the old one 4-5 miles away had it's store closing sale.

The new one should be closing soon.

I buy online whenever I can so I don't have to pay state taxes.

I bought my new panasonic 50" plasma online in 2007 from a store in montana for $1899 (shipping included). The same model at local stores was at the time was $2500 plus 8.7% state sales taxes.

I'd love to contribute to my local community by shopping locally and paying taxes but, well, I saved $800.00. How do you pass that up?

I suspect alot of people are doing this, on top of the financial crisis in the country, many more chains will close, I'm thinking.
                              Lenny, I agree with shopping on line, the savings is undeniable. I heard a republican legislator suggest a suspension of all with holding taxes for a year and I would go a step further and suspend the sales tax also to encourage local buying.

Comment

Working...
                              X