X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHL Cutting 9,500 Jobs

There will be another 9,500 folks looking for a job soon as DHL (similar to UPS) cuts their jobs. This is going to be a terrible holiday season for a lot of folks.

Re: DHL Cutting 9,500 Jobs

Yes it will be.

I feel for their employees that may-will loose jobs. As for DHL, I'v had them smash up too many domestic items shipped to me and from me. All were USA to USA addresses.
    Last edited by Woussko; 11-11-2008, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Re: DHL Cutting 9,500 Jobs

I've had a thing against DHL for awhile now.I priced shipping on a 2 pound package to my wife a few years ago.IIRC ups was like $65,fedex was about $75 and DHL wanted about $135.All for the nearly exact same shipping time to get there.I think part of this is going to some places they just are not competitive in pricing.Then over there I priced the same type package back to here.Fedex was cheapest the other 2 not much more then fedex...it made no sense at all.Its pretty tough to compete against fedex and ups and perhaps theres 1 too many shippers in the biz.
      Both fedex and ups 3 day service to my wife can take 4 to 6 days,agreed its to a bit of a remote place.Compare that tho to regular postal airmail which is about 2 to 4 weeks and thats if it doesn't get stolen at the post office there.
      Sam

Comment

Working...
      X