Yup, there's one in every crowd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, there's one in every crowd

i'm starting to realize that there are people that frequent this forum that don't want my presence here.

i've seen it before and i'm sure i'll see it again.

if you have something idiotic to say to me just give me a PM. i'm a big boy, i think i can take it.

i don't think this forum is a place to post public in-between the lines sarcastic comments directed towards me. real men don't do that.

i want to appologize to the general public on be-half of my not-so-bright plumber brethrene.

all plumbers are not created equally.

Vince

Re: Yup, there's one in every crowd

Well, I for one have enjoyed your presence on the forum--even if I do question your sanity for LIVING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREEZING FREAKIN NO WHERE! (I looked up Rankin Inlet on Google Maps)
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

?????? Who, what, where, when,................?????????????
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
        i'm starting to realize that there are people that frequent this forum that don't want my presence here.

if you have something idiotic to say to me just give me a PM. i'm a big boy, i think i can take it.

i don't think this forum is a place to post public in-between the lines sarcastic comments directed towards me. real men don't do that.

i want to appologize to the general public on be-half of my not-so-bright plumber brethrene.

Vince
        I think your a sick individual Vince, you fit right in here with the rest of us. I like your posts, you have a good sense of humor and some good stories and I welcome your presence here. I haven't seen any attacks toward you, but I might be missing something. I just don't know why you like the cold so much.
        The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
          I think your a sick individual Vince, you fit right in here with the rest of us. I like your posts, you have a good sense of humor and some good stories and I welcome your presence here. I haven't seen any attacks toward you, but I might be missing something. I just don't know why you like the cold so much.
          that's funny.

we say the same thing about you southeners and the heat.

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            ?????? Who, what, where, when,................?????????????
            sorry dave, you had to be there.

i've learned from a very young age to recognize certain "attitudes".

i seem to attract people that are narrow minded and can't see past their own noses.

hilter would rollover in his grave if he knew that i'm part english and german.

Vince

Comment

that's funny.

we say the same thing about you southeners and the heat.

Vince
              I get snow up here too, just not as bad as you do...I'm too old to be cold
              The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                I get snow up here too, just not as bad as you do...I'm too old to be cold
                rick, with all due respect, i think you meant to say "down here".

Vince

yes. the world looks different from this perspective

by-the-by, i forgot to respond to one of your questions regarding "twinkies", it's another term for guys that march to the beat of a different drummer. not that there's anything wrong with that.
                Last edited by Vince the Plumber; 11-15-2008, 01:59 PM. Reason: aixelsyd dlim evah i

Comment

rick, with all due respect, i think you meant to say "down here".

Vince

yes. the world looks different from this perspective

by-the-by, i forgot to respond to one of your questions regarding "twinkies", it's another term for guys that march to the drum of a different beat. not that there's anything wrong with that.
                  well, they probably have a twenty year shelf life as well. Got 4 jobs to go to now, if I can get them done, maybe I'll get some time off tomorrow. I've got to stop answering my phone.
                  The Other Rick

Comment

Sorry you have run into a moron or two, for the most part the folks here are great and the Forum is very well managed. I've enjoyed most of what you contribute and it's great to have someone here from where you live. Things are awful boring without diversity. Not everyone can handle differing opinions and that caused problems when we discussed politics and a few other topics. Trust that the folks in charge such as Josh and Mark will do their best to keep the peace, just keep them informed. Good luck. Frank

Comment

Don't sweat it, if you go back on the threads you'll see that every single member has gotten onto with someboday at one point of time or another. A bigger question is do you respect the person giving you grief? Chances are I doubt it because they must be a dumb a$$ for hassling you.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Don't sweat it, if you go back on the threads you'll see that every single member has gotten onto with someboday at one point of time or another. A bigger question is do you respect the person giving you grief? Chances are I doubt it because they must be a dumb a$$ for hassling you.
                        gear,

it's funny you say that.

when i was the fire chief here, i recruited.

if anybody had the nards (even the ladies) to apply for a volunteer fire department, they were part of the crew. i just had to figure out their limitations and assign them to the appropiate position.

i used two ask to questions.

#1- imagine your worst enemy. imagine the person that hates you the most. "if they asked you for help, would you help them"?

never had a wrong answer

#2- you know the wrestling shows on TV? "is it real"?

only one guy said "yeah, look, it's really real"

he was on "crowd control"

Vince

always respect other people and beings.
                        Last edited by Vince the Plumber; 11-15-2008, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Vince
                          I guess I missed something somewhere, but at my age itis easy to do. I know this tho, if what you say is true, stick around just to BUG THE HELL out of them. Besides, If you weren't here, Garager and I would be the only ones freezing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                            I guess I missed something somewhere, but at my age itis easy to do. I know this tho, if what you say is true, stick around just to BUG THE HELL out of them. Besides, If you weren't here, Garager and I would be the only ones freezing!!
                            pipe,

I appreiciate your age, knowledge, and intelligence.

some people think i just fell off the turnip wagon.

believe me, i've fallen off more times than i care to admit.

i am thankful for my new friends, like you.

Vince

i've grown old enough to figure out that when it comes right down to it, "friends keep a body and mind sane"

Comment

gear,

it's funny you say that.

when i was the fire chief here, i recruited.

if anybody had the nards (even the ladies) to apply for a volunteer fire department, they were part of the crew. i just had to figure out their limitations and assign them to the appropiate position.

i used two ask to questions.

#1- imagine your worst enemy. imagine the person that hates you the most. "if they asked you for help, would you help them"?

never had a wrong answer

#2- you know the wrestling shows on TV? "is it real"?

only one guy said "yeah, look, it's really real"

he was on "crowd control"

Vince

always respect other people and beings.
                              Well Vince, I would help my worst enemy if he was down, BUT!!! Professional Wrestling is the most pure sport there is! You can't place a bet on Pro Wrestling because it can't be fixed, just two men inside the squared circle with no padding. Sports at it's finest, truly the sport of Kings

Comment

Working...
                              X