Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Winter is here

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
    I was in a t-shirt today. Tomorrow..maybe snow...who knows? Weather is unpredictable here in the southern Appalachians.

My female customer had her headlights on while we were briefly talking about her plumbing...in her house.

Bit nip-py here at 39 degrees. She's freshly divorced so I took the experience as thoughtful, nothing more nothing more.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Josh

I'll be hoping things don't get too harsh for you. Ohio can have tuff winters for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
        My female customer had her headlights on while we were briefly talking about her plumbing...in her house.

Bit nip-py here at 39 degrees. She's freshly divorced so I took the experience as thoughtful, nothing more nothing more.
        That was very kind of her to shine a little light on your otherwise dull day
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post

You need to listen to Tom Lycas (not sure of the spelling-I'm close and google will help) on podcast.

You'll never look at Fridays the same again.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

62 here yesterday. HEAT WAVE
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

This morning it snowed and there was quite a strong wind blowing in parts of Western Md and SW Pa through south central Pa but no notable accumulation. Where I am it has cooled down some but nothing wild has happened so far. Let's face it, being too near the place known for far too much hot air, it's rare for it to really snow or get really cold. That only happens when hot air blasters take a rest.

Comment

84 and partly cloudy. dipping down to a chilly 74-76 tonight.

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                  84 and partly cloudy. dipping down to a chilly 74-76 tonight.

steve
                  Put a fire on and an extra blanket on the bed......maybe two......
                  I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Meh, I'm still riding the scooter to work every day...

Current conditions, 39F with 22 MPH winds from the west. Feels like 28F. Tomorrow morning, 28F with 15 MPH winds.
                    Steve
                    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

We are in the 80s today but the winds have died down a little to about 15 mph. The fire is still within two miles or so of us but it keeps changing direction and finding new fuel.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                        Put a fire on and an extra blanket on the bed......maybe two......
                        i may have to

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

yup!

Vince
                          Attached Files

Comment

we were hosting a bloodhound trailing test this weekend and sat was rain and a tornado warning ,today a lot of wind and temps in the low 40s wind chill in the 20s

I Love it ,i wanted to wear shorts but i did not want to hear people tell me i was strange . i know that already
                            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

just got back from dinner. it's a cooling 79 with a slight wind from the S.E.

winter is definately here. BRRRRRR

steve

Comment

now this is winter

and Rosie thinks so to

Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                                X