Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Winter is here

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
    just got back from dinner. it's a cooling 79 with a slight wind from the S.E.

winter is definately here. BRRRRRR

steve
    Put a damn sweater on!!!

And keep your head covered too!!
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

made it throufgh the night without frostbite. it's finally warmed up to 79 again. i may survive after all

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

A little prevention can go a long way.

In areas where the temp goes below 32F ( 0C ) overnight it's a good idea to use fuel line antifreeze / moisture remover such as Dry Gas or HEET and also to keep your fuel tank full.

Have your engine starting battery or batteries load tested and change oil to what's recommended for winter use.

When is the last time you had the concentration of your engine coolant checked? The condition of it? Cooling system flushed out and new coolant put in? System pressure tested? You do not want to find the hard way that you had a freeze up.
        Last edited by Woussko; 11-17-2008, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
          Meh, I'm still riding the scooter to work every day...

Current conditions, 39F with 22 MPH winds from the west. Feels like 28F. Tomorrow morning, 28F with 15 MPH winds.

I have to confess that I did end up driving in today. It was warmer than expected, at 33F, but had snowed overnight. The roads were wet, but clear. My driveway was a slushy mess, and predictions were for 2-3 more inches during the day. I could have easily riden in, but glad I didn't. It is squalling out there, and hte roads are covered with that greasy mess now. I'd be riding home with both outriggers on the ground!

That heated seat was nice this morning.
          Steve
          www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
            made it throufgh the night without frostbite. it's finally warmed up to 79 again. i may survive after all

steve
            Maybe Vince should send you a pair of those seal boots? If it gets to 65 you might freeze your little toesies!

We're getting snowshowers and rain. Winter's here finally! Heading out to the woods Thursday for the hunting trip. A few days without the puter or cell phone is actually a welcome thing. Highs in the 40's and nights in the teens-20's. Should be a great time!
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
              A little prevention can go a long way.

In areas where the temp goes below 32F ( 0C ) overnight it's a good idea to use fuel line antifreeze / moisture remover such as Dry Gas or HEET and also to keep your fuel tank full.

Have your engine starting battery or batteries load tested and change oil to what's recommended for winter use.

When is the last time you had the concentration of your engine coolant checked? The condition of it? Cooling system flushed out and new coolant put in? System pressure tested? You do not want to find the hard way that you had a freeze up.
              don't forget the emergency roadside kit.

Vince

Comment

We have about 16 inches of snow here in Cranbrook Ontario and - 7 degrees .

John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=112698715866

Comment

Great pics, John. That looks like a Norman Rockwell setting if I ever saw one!
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thanks Sandy . It always looks nice here in the winter time but it sure doesn,t feel very nice .
                    John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=112698715866

Comment

nice pics john.

it continues to get colder up here.

i love it.

Vince

Comment

Yeesh.....4 degrees(celsius) here today and raining - thought that was bad enough, but you don't have to shovel it.

I see that with the snowsqualls your area could get up to another foot of snow today/tomorrow.

Looks pretty, but too soon for me.

I'm hoping for no measurable snow till mid-December. Winter's long enough, dammit.........
                        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

it's too warm!!

we don't seem to be cooling off very fast for this time of the year.

the wind isn't strong enough to cool the lakes and the land (nuna) ("noona"), only 30 klics (18.6 mph).

supposed to get down to -40 with the wind tonight. excellent batman. thank-you robin.

Vince, the sweating plumber

up here during the big chill, sweat is the enemy

i hear on the local news that the polar bears are in arviat (eskimo point) and freak'in out all the eskimos.
                          more hungry bears than usual.
                          there were 7 emergengy kill tags, now there's 3.

Comment

Obviously it's global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by H2oMaintMgr View Post
                              Obviously it's global warming.
                              is it getting warm out here or is it just me?

i didn't know there was a brandon, "florida".

we have a brandon, manitoba. i guess that makes you guys coushins.

today turned out to be a little coooool for people that didn't dress properly.

this morning a guy came in from outside with tears in his eyes, the wind does that. he's from another country where it gets really hot.

i think normally he's got dark skin. he didn't look so dark this morning. he almost looked grey.

dddddoes it always gggggettt this ccccold?

Vince

poor pucker. somebody shoulda warned him.

Comment

Just a few flakes after work tonight.

Steve
                                www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                                X