Winter is here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Winter is here

There was a little bit of snow this morning here. Fortunately not too much, but enough to convince me that I should get the leaves done this weekend.

Comment

ended up being -45 today.

this is a pic of a "sun dog".

it looks like a part of a rainbow. there's one on the other side too but my camera doesn't have that wide of a angle.

it's formed when the humidity in the air freezes.

Vince

when it's really cold, 2 sun dogs on each side of the sun can be seen
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
        Just a few flakes after work tonight.

Man,

Be extremely careful on those roads.

I know you're saving tons of money on fuel but there's too many idiots on the road these days that don't pay attention to the two wheeled vehicles.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Damn Vince,

-45????!!!

I'm dodging the cold today everywhere I go...

I hate it, and tomorrow I'm going to get one of my fans to start blowing snow for a small fee .

Comment

i got up this morning with 3" of snow and they did not call for it .i had to shut down a 3"- 10 psi gas main to tie in a 2 1/2 line on a roof . it was snowing hard until lunch when i said that was enough i was wet and hands cold time to go home . then it stopped

but it could have bin 95* and 100% humidity
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
              Damn Vince,

-45????!!!

I'm dodging the cold today everywhere I go...
              try strapping a dog to your back. might not keep you warm, but you'll sure look funny

I hate it, and tomorrow I'm going to get one of my fans to start blowing snow for a small fee .
              but it's a dry cold.

i replaced a broken gas nozzle at the tank farm today at 1 o'clock. got a call at 3 o'clock to check for a leak.

i go check it out. i had to replace the new one i just replaced. the cold broke it.

this brings up an interesting question.

is it possible that thermal shock is causing these nozzles to break so quick?

reason i'm saying this is because i was just thinking today that maybe i should try installing a cold nozzle as apposed to a warm one from inside. -40 gas coming in contact with warm parts?

what do you guys think?

Vince

my 4 wheel atv wouldn't kick over today. guess i'll put her to bed forthe winter.

Comment

That's a pretty valid statement about thermal shock.

I'd say you're right given if it is plastic, it's shrinking upon contact with the fuel.

On wax rings, plastic traps and pipe, even flux in cold weather I try to bring products in and let them warm up before using them. Otherwise I face the issue of what you're dealing with, breakage.

The fellow I worked for last night told me of a condition of when your hands turn color and look like cadavers when it's cold. I have it, whatever he called it but I didn't know I had the disease.

Add another one to the list!

Comment

Winter struck my area today. Cold and windy through the weekend. About 50 miles to my north is one very nasty icy mess. I had light snow here but nothing to speak about so far. It was pretty. We are having the cold winds blowing in now and will through the weekend. Hey, it feels like winter. I remember having several mild winters and maybe 2008-9 is when we pay for it. Only time will tell, I guess.

Comment

23 degrees in Utah this morning but now I am in Las Vegas at 55 degrees. Tomorrow I am headed back to California where it will be 70 degrees. No wonder I caught a head cold.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      23 degrees in Utah this morning but now I am in Las Vegas at 55 degrees. Tomorrow I am headed back to California where it will be 70 degrees. No wonder I caught a head cold.

Mark

How close are you to Bountiful, Utah?

Between you and JERRYMAC, I need to grease some palms in your neck of the woods.

Shipments taking 23 days is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X