X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter is here

Man.. the weather just turned nasty. I was planning on fishing last night or this morning... rain and strong winds. Supposed to be snow tonight and all week ...

Josh

Re: Winter is here

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    Man.. the weather just turned nasty. I was planning on fishing last night or this morning... rain and strong winds. Supposed to be snow tonight and all week ...

Josh
    so how come your not fish'in.

Vince

Comment

It is like 90 here today. All of our winter coats are on sale I got a cute jacket at Nordstrom's for $30. Now I gotta go visit somebody so I can wear it
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
        It is like 90 here today. All of our winter coats are on sale I got a cute jacket at Nordstrom's for $30. Now I gotta go visit somebody so I can wear it
        You are welcome here. ( My wife has me trained to put the seat down)

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
          You crack me up! Thanks
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
            me too

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

you go girl

Vince

Comment

You crack me up! Thanks
                aaaahhhhh.

is that what they call "cracked-up"?

Vince

just kidding

Comment

It is like 90 here today.

Well hell yeah! Everything is on fire over there!

I heard 500 mobile homes burned today....that might not be such a bad thing..
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post

I heard 500 mobile homes burned today....that might not be such a bad thing..
                    It is never a good thing when someone loses their home in a natural disaster. A lot of older people are without their homes now.
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

I know what Dunbar means, even if it did come off as callous. *Some mobile homes are better off burned down, I have seen some that are in extremely bad condition, and should be condemned as hazardous and inhospitable.
                      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

It is never a good thing when someone loses their home in a natural disaster. A lot of older people are without their homes now.

Nope, sure isn't but they'll manage.

That's why the first thing they say when the cameras are pointed at them,

"Material things are replaceable, We are just glad to be alive."

God hates mobile homes; otherwise he wouldn't destroy so many during these predictable occurrences.

Here's a very valid question,

California has been having fires for years, YEARS.

Why on earth hasn't someone with a brain put up fire lines against these densely populated areas?

Fire Lines : Cutting down aged timber a distance to safely control from massive loss of property.

Meaning, 1/3 to 1/2 mile fire lines where it prevents these things from happening.

People who build up in those hillsides take their own risk, but these people in heavily populated areas need others thinking for their best interest.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          me too

rick.
                          You bet!!!

Comment

This whole valley is a timebomb re fire; it was all logged off maybe 60-100 years ago, and probably 80% of what's grown back is lodgepole pine. Now they are all, ALL dying from some little Japanese beetle that sucks the life out of them. Spreads a few more miles every summer. Whole swaths of mountainsde are turning red as they die, and then they just stand there drying out getting ready to burn.

The logging companies don't much want them as they are too small to get lumber out of and the terrain is so steep. They did put an OSB plant in up in Kremmling and they can use them, but it's just a race to see if enough $ can be come up with to cut enough breaks in before it all goes up. I know the fire guys around here started breathing easier once we got some snow, but it'll be touch and go again next summer and probably for the next 5-10 years... there is just so much of it and the slopes are so steep.
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I was in a t-shirt today. Tomorrow..maybe snow...who knows? Weather is unpredictable here in the southern Appalachians.
                              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                              X