Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They Called me "The Dough BOY" - I lost 119 lbs - YOU can lose the Weight too!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They Called me "The Dough BOY" - I lost 119 lbs - YOU can lose the Weight too!

Originally posted by cpw View Post
    Not yet. When we got married my wife set an upper limit of 180 lbs. I am now 150, and was 135 lbs four years ago when the limit was set. So I figure I've got 8 more years of entirely too much sugar.

I actually think that having a job that keeps me in an office all day is the bigger problem, not my coke habit.
    Charles, it won't get any easier to keep the weight down, so get started now! You know you're in trouble when you get more worked up looking at pictures of food than women. I gotta go eat.

Comment

Re: They Called me "The Dough BOY" - I lost 119 lbs - YOU can lose the Weight too!

very nice Joe
      i am 6' 3" and 285 lb
      i would like to get down to 225 or so ,if i go down to far i dont want to look like a stick
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

congrats!! i eat everything in moderation and lost weight too..

Comment

Plumbingskool,
          Congratulations on your weigt loss and carry through with your exercise program. Most weight loss programs that include exercise indicate an initial weight gain is possible as fat is converted to muscle. Did you experience that?

Hawk,
          Did you just call me a stick? Whyyyy Youuuu... As penance for name calling I think you should stay at your sister's cabin, sit by the fireplace, relax, and not work for a month.

I was 248 a few years ago. I never noticed the weight gain until one day driving I noticed when I went over bumps in my truck my belly, and the rest of my body, were jiggling. Now at 6'3", 205lb - a stick according to Hawk. Most of the time I eat well, just found a recipe and tried fried brussels sprouts for the first time, Yum! Sweet and Crunchy. When I occasionally fall off the food wagon it doesn't seem to make a difference in weight gain. Apparently my body has a established new 'set point' and works by itself to keep me 'stick-like.'

-Tom

Comment

You and Charlie are making me feel fat. You're both my height and you're 205 and Charlie wants to be 225 and I'm only going for 260. Thanks alot guys.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

sorry tom the stick

i dont want to be a stick i have a large frame and i dont think i will ever get that low .and if you are happy with your weight then thats good

ben yes you are fat just kidding buddy
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Congrats man. I am really happy for you. I think you did the right thing. You are lean, but not drawn or haggard looking. Did your appetite decrease with the weight loss, or increase with the metabolism speed-up? The best part of this is that you will get to enjoy your kids and they get you a lot longer now.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                  Not yet. When we got married my wife set an upper limit of 180 lbs..
                  So, has your wife reached her upper limit of 180 lbs yet?
                  "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                    Congrats man. I am really happy for you. I think you did the right thing. You are lean, but not drawn or haggard looking. Did your appetite decrease with the weight loss, or increase with the metabolism speed-up? The best part of this is that you will get to enjoy your kids and they get you a lot longer now.
                    Yes , for sure, I can certainly keep up with the kids now, My boy loves the fact that I love to run now,

Thanks for the kind words

Comment

Holy crap that's awesome.
                      I just started losing weight.

I started at 223lbs, lost 22lbs so far and I'm at 201 now.

Started a month and a 1/2 ago.

Might not seem like I need to lose too much but I'm only 5'4" and should weigh about 140lbs, got 61lbs to go, 83lbs total.

Comment

Lenny, that is really good progress you should be proud of your accomplishment. I finally started cutting back about three weeks ago because of blood pressure more than anything else. I lift weights and exercise every day and although I'm pretty muscular for a guy in his fifties, the high blood pressure is a killer. I immediately switched to decaf coffee and cut out all icecream. I've been eating Cheerios almost every day for breakfast instead of two or three eggs and either sausages or bacon. The weight loss has only been from 215lbs to 208lbs but it's something. I like to cook including cakes and deserts so it hasn't been easy, but I'm determined to stick with it and see if I can lower my pressure without more medication. Stay focused and get healthy.

Comment

Ahh c'mon Frankie, lighten up and have a slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream......maybe two.

There, now don't you feel better.

Remember, the pie or cake doesn't care what you look like. The pie or cake does not judge..........The pie or cake is your friend.....

Now open your wallet and give me all your money.

Oh yeah, and you're getting verrry sleeepy.......
                          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                            Holy crap that's awesome.
                            I just started losing weight.

I started at 223lbs, lost 22lbs so far and I'm at 201 now.

Started a month and a 1/2 ago.

Might not seem like I need to lose too much but I'm only 5'4" and should weigh about 140lbs, got 61lbs to go, 83lbs total.

Good job man, Keep on going, there was weeks were I lost no weight but kept on trucking through

NICE JOB SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                              Ahh c'mon Frankie, lighten up and have a slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream......maybe two.

There, now don't you feel better.

Remember, the pie or cake doesn't care what you look like. The pie or cake does not judge..........The pie or cake is your friend.....

Now open your wallet and give me all your money.

Oh yeah, and you're getting verrry sleeepy.......
                              Mack, you're not helping. Reminds me of an episode of the HoneyMooners, Ralph trying to lose weight and Norton saying "Poor Little Pizza!".

Comment

Joseph,

Nice going Man! I can appreciate how hard that must have been for you. You are definitely "The Man", and I salute you for the discipline and the tanacity that it took. No excuses, no costly programs to lean on... you just did it with your own determination (and probably a little help and encouragement from your family and friends).

So, here's to a very happy and long, healthy life,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                                X