Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
They Called me "The Dough BOY" - I lost 119 lbs - YOU can lose the Weight too! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Called me "The Dough BOY" - I lost 119 lbs - YOU can lose the Weight too!

In the last ten years I gained a lot of weight, BUT over the last 13 months I lost 119 LBS!

I wanted to make a post NOT about how well I did BUT to inspire other people that have been struggling to loose weight just like I was.

People on the job sites would call me "swivel hips" "dough boy" "fat arse" etc..

I just could NOT take it anymore and learned how to take care of myself better.

When I started I was 289 lbs!!!!

I am now 170 lbs, THAT'S right I lost 119 lbs!

How did I do it?

It was not easy, thats for sure,

I started with 10 push ups, ten sit ups every night and started reducing my food, starting to stop eating like a slob,

Anyway, I used no special programs and just wanted it,

So if you want to loose weight you can!!!

I never thought I would and Now I did

Here is me when I was 289 LBS
    AND AS tony little says " YOU CAN DO IT "

Here is me now

Last edited by PlumbingSkool; 11-24-2008, 11:45 PM.
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Re: They Called me "The Dough BOY" - I lost 119 lbs - YOU can lose the Weight too!

Good on ya buddy. I am down to 200 from 230 in the spring. Now to put some more muscle ans get my self back to 230 of pure steel

Comment

Re: They Called me "The Dough BOY" - I lost 119 lbs - YOU can lose the Weight too!

Good job Joe, I am more of a non-conformist and gained weight instead. After my transplant I was told to expect to gain 85 pounds. Instead I gained 30 pounds (up to 3-hours a day on the treadmill) but added an additional 40 pounds after I spent 6-months in a wheelchair and 3-months on crutches and canes (ladder accident). I still am somewhat limited to what exercises I can do which involve my right leg or right shoulder but I am trying to get on the treadmill again. I would like to lose at least 50 pounds by the end of next year.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Congratulations, that is hard to do.
        Let me ask you, did you increase your exercise? Do you still do exercise? What kept you motivated?

Boy, I wish I could do that.

Caryn

Comment

Fantastic results. I used to be in real good shape but took a nose dive off the wagon when I hurt my shoulder. I was out of shape at the roundup for anyone who took pics of that. I weigh 276 right now and am looking to drop to about 260. Any lower and I don't function right. Did you have to get new ID cards? You look like a totally different person. I printed your pic and have it hanging in the office next to Mario Pudzianowski when I don't feel like going to the gym. Thanks for the motivation.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

That's pretty impressive results without gastric bypass surgery

I'm looking to add a few pounds of winter fat this Thankgiving to keep me warm

Comment

What an amazing accomplishment, you deserve some recognition! Living in the land of plenty it becomes real easy to overdo the food, supersized portions and so many opportunities to feast lead to trouble. I weigh 215 and I look to be in good shape but my high blood pressure is a warning sign that I need to lose around twenty or so lbs. Your story has been an inspirtation and another good reminder that we should take care of ourselves, especially with the upcoming holiday season. Thanks, and continued success.

Comment

Congrats, man! What an incredible transformation. You've provided me with some very much needed inspiration. From the sounds of it, you put yourself on a diet that just meant smaller portions and added some workout regimens. The kind of diet that they don't advertise since there's nothing to sell for it! Good to know it can work, and you don't have to buy any fancy pills or drinks or equipment. You're truly an inspiration and I thank you very much for posting your results. It's lots of work, but it's obvious that it's worth it! The after pictures are very nice!
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Plumbingskool,you look good.Now you can fit into tight spaces and double your work load.(joke)
                  Kenneth Collier
                  Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                  Jackson, MS 39206
                  (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                  drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Great work Plumbingskool

Comment

Firstly, Let me say THANK YOU , to everyone.

I would love to be able to motivate as many people as possible to do what I did, It has made me feel so healthly and young again its crAZY,

Ok, I know I am still kinda young at 35 years of age but still I am 35

So if you need to loose weight, you can just by telling the universe you can!

Originally posted by fixitmom5x View Post
                      Congratulations, that is hard to do.
                      Let me ask you, did you increase your exercise? Do you still do exercise? What kept you motivated?

Boy, I wish I could do that.

Caryn
                      To answer that:

Yes, I still exercise

The thing I will tell you though is this, The TV and people around you always make you think you "have to" do so much per day and thats not true ...

I started with 10 sit ups and when I was done I thought I was going to die cause I could not even breath

BUT the next day I did 11 sit up , the next day 12 and so on , within 6 months I was doing 250 sit ups.

Another great thing I did was pilates

As far as foods:

I eat whatever I want BUT with self control, that's the trick

If I want PIZZA, I will have ONE slice with a diet soda or water or juice

Compared to the THREE slices I used to eat.

Also another thing is I don't "eat until I am full"

I usually eat what the "recommended" serving is then wait 10 - 15 minutes and then I realize I am full.

Another thing I di was took pictures of myself along the way to keep myself motivated , that way I could se myself How I was doing.

Here is some pictures ( these are some really personal pictures but maybe it will motivate someone )

If anyone needs advice or needs help loosing weight please feel free to post questions or even pm me

Recap ---- more angles fat & skinny

Me when I first started at 289 lbs

Me Mid way - at like 200 LBS

Me Finally At 169 LBS

Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                      New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

That is a really good inspiration that shows if you put your mind to something, and are determined you can do a lot more than you would think is possible. Great follow through!

Comment

Is it just me, or as the number of pounds decreased did the number of tattoos increase....??

Just wondering..........
                          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                            That is a really good inspiration that shows if you put your mind to something, and are determined you can do a lot more than you would think is possible. Great follow through!
                            Does it make you want to get off the Skittles & Coke you addict???

Damn I want some chicken wings.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              Does it make you want to get off the Skittles & Coke you addict???

Damn I want some chicken wings.

J.C.
                              Not yet. When we got married my wife set an upper limit of 180 lbs. I am now 150, and was 135 lbs four years ago when the limit was set. So I figure I've got 8 more years of entirely too much sugar.

I actually think that having a job that keeps me in an office all day is the bigger problem, not my coke habit.

Comment

Working...
                              X