X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThanksGiving Thoughts

I make an effort each ThanksGiving to have it be more than a mindless eating event. I want my daughters who are ages fourteen and twenty along with their young cousins to stop and think for a minute or two about how blessed we are and the people who make a difference in our lives. We each have our own situations of family, friends and economics that make up our lives, but we share a common thread of thanks for the people who serve our country and communities. Some of you joke about being on call and making money but your skills will be saving someone's holiday. A special thanks and prayer that all who are serving our country stay safe and enjoy the holiday wherever they may be.

Re: ThanksGiving Thoughts

Frank,

A very well thought out post and I appreciate you reminding us. Without a doubt Thanksgiving was always one of our busiest days for drain cleaning. There is nothing like walking into the home of a young mother who has all the family coming to her house for her first Thanksgiving Dinner and she's stopped up the sink. You almost feel like a super hero when you solve her drain problem.

I am also thankful for all of those who are in the military and are away from their families while keeping us safe. Even in a bad year the US is the greatest Country in the World.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Right on, guys. Give thanks, and have a happy holiday everyone.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

This day has become one of the two most important days of the year for me.

To those who have given their ultimate sacrifice for my soul and freedom I give thanks.

Comment

I really hope you all had an enjoyable day with family and friends along with a great Thanksgiving meal. Please remember to pray for our troops all over this world today, and for those of us who are unemployed and homeless this year.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Once we had the whole crowd seated ready to eat I told them to hold off just a minute while I said a few words. I feel we need to say these things out loud and I did just that! Gave thanks for all our blessings and included those who serve our country and those who serve our community. I agree that prayers should include those unfortunate Americans who are without jobs and struggling .

Comment

Working...
            X