Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hunting

Originally posted by James P View Post
    I'm the same with archery tackle. I prefer my Hoyt recurve to the latest and greatest wheel bow.

I had a Mossberg rifled slug barrel on my 870. Mossberg made some Rem. barrels back in 90's. Never could get it to group with slugs. Sold it for about 1/2 what I paid for it.

James
    Well, if you ever get a chance (if you haven't already), definitely give the Benelli stuff a try (the M2 Field, and/or the Super Black Eagle II).

They are horribly expensive - however, you definitely get what you pay for. A wonder of engineering and finished concept.

A phenomenal autoloader - puts my 870 to shame (but, there are definite uses and benefits to a pump for certain things too).

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
      Well, if you ever get a chance (if you haven't already), definitely give the Benelli stuff a try (the M2 Field, and/or the Super Black Eagle II).

They are horribly expensive - however, you definitely get what you pay for. A wonder of engineering and finished concept.

A phenomenal autoloader - puts my 870 to shame (but, there are definite uses and benefits to a pump for certain things too).
      I'll look into them when I get the itch for another shotgun. I traded my 870 for a Professional Ordnance AR15. That was a mistake. Finally traded the AR toward my Anschutz MPR.

James

Comment

In my zone we only have 5 days to gun hunt muzzleloader or shotgun
        I bought a H&R heavy barrel 20 ga last year and put on a leupold scope on it . Its a nice gun
        The rest of the season i sit in a tree with my cross bow

Comment

Just got back from my week long hunting trip the weather was awful it rained and for mule deer they seem to disappear when it rains. How ever the bears came out.

The shot was a through & through at 45 yrds didn't even go 100ft
          Last edited by DanLawrence; 09-14-2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Is the X all that was left of him !!

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
              Is the X all that was left of him !!
              Yeah, no picture available, Dan.

Comment

I hope this one works.
                Attached Files

Comment

Deer season opens tomorrow for bow hunting and I can't take the day off
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Deer season opens tomorrow for bow hunting and I can't take the day off

We are into week three here in Oregon.

Comment

• Re: Hunting

Nice looking bear ... Dan
                      Are you gona make a rug out of him ?

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                        Nice looking bear ... Dan
                        Are you gona make a rug out of him ?

I wish I could I called my taxidermist and he said it would cost around $750.00 so I decided not to I just could not afford it. So I decided to do a European mount with the skull and I kept the claws. I had some of the meat the other night and it was great! It tastes like port the texture was good it was just a little chewy but a slow cooker should soften the meat up. I going back out this weekend and hopefully can get into some elk.

Comment

The european mount will look good .. I have a few deer i did like that
                          We have 16 more days until we can bow hunt. I just got done with the fall food plots last week If it cools off il be ready to hunt
                          Good luck with the elk

Comment

I got these pics from a friend the black fawn is worth sharing
                            they are in a back yard in Arkansas

Comment

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Spring Turkey season is coming up and I have never really hunted turkeys. I did get one a few yrs ago in the fall but I get a turkey tag every year with my sports pack. I had just got lucky when I ran into a bunch of them and they where so stupid. I glassed them only a few hundred yards from my truck, so I went back and traded my .270 for my 12guage and walked right up to them about 25 yrds away and took a gobbler. I haven't seen them be that dump since but I am eager to get out hunting so I got my self a spring turkey tag this year. I have been watching as many hunting shows as I can on turkey hunting to learn more about it. The problem is, is that all of the shows I watched are on the east coast or the Midwest. None of them are west coast turkey hunts.

Does anyone know if there is a difference and what is the best way to hunt turkeys in the spring?

Comment

Working...
                                X