Time to update my profile!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to update my profile!

Today marks my 28th anniversary here at Ridge Tool. So as of today, I get one more week of vacation. That, plus the 6 years at Rockwell/Delta designing/drafting the woodworking and metalworking tools makes 34 total for the profile.
    Steve
    www.MorrisGarage.com

Re: Time to update my profile!

Congratulation Steve.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

All those years and still banging away on the same old ROYAL. Congrats on the anniversary.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

WOW !

Congrats , soon I will be here for one year

This is a great place for sure

Comment

Congratulations Steve!
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Next year is 10 years for me. That gives me 3 weeks of vacation

Comment

Congratulations Steve on your 28 years with RIDGID, and for your years working for Rockwell/Delta.

I remember when Rockwell was the only one making the Portaband, man they were the ticket when you had to make multiple precision cuts on heavy wall pipe in the field. Can't tell you how many cuts I made in 3" and 4" Sch 160 SS with one of those saws. Then grind a J bevel on the end for an EB Ring.
              "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

What's this "vacation" I keep hearing about?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  WOW - Go Ridgid

Comment

Congrats. You hardly ever hear of that sort of time invested in companies much anymore.

I'm sure you've walked many miles on the floors of Ridge Tool.

Or do they have golf carts, segways to get to and fro.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

WOW, Myself I generally last about 2 maybe 3 yrs.

Comment

Congrats, Steve! That's a great milestone.
                        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Wow! Thanks everyone! This certainly doesn't warrant a nomination, though. Thanks.

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                          All those years and still banging away on the same old ROYAL.
                          Well, I actually sold the Royal #10 this summer. Just too much stuff in the shop, and I want to make more space. I still have the printing presses and the 1920s Remington, though.

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                          I remember when Rockwell was the only one making the Portaband
                          I think we may have talked about this before, but if not, you should have seen the gas powered portasaw saw mill we were working on just before Rockwell closed the Power Tool division. It was basically a modified 14" bandsaw laid down horizontally and powered by a B&S 5 HP gas engine. It had a 1-1/2" wide skip-tooth blade with teeth that pulled it along a log! You nailed on a 2X12 for the guide on the first cut, and then used the newly cut surface for the following cuts. We demoed it to the military as well as some relief agencies. It was quite a monster!

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                          Congrats. You hardly ever hear of that sort of time invested in companies much anymore.
                          I'm sure you've walked many miles on the floors of Ridge Tool.
                          Or do they have golf carts, segways to get to and fro.
                          Now that would be cool! I'd love to try a Segway. The maintenance people have golf carts with their tools on it, but the rest of us hoof it.

As for time in here, a fellow just retired a year or so ago with 52 years here. I think this year there are more than a dozen folks up for 45 years, and a huge list for 30. There are many father/son employees, and a few father/son/grandson ones, too, along with many brother/cousin/uncle/daughter. etc family employees. Plus those who met and married within the company, including the big guy!

Thanks again for the comments.
                          Steve
                          Steve
                          www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

As for time in here, a fellow just retired a year or so ago with 52 years here. I think this year there are more than a dozen folks up for 45 years, and a huge list for 30. There are many father/son employees, and a few father/son/grandson ones, too, along with many brother/cousin/uncle/daughter. etc family employees. Plus those who met and married within the company, including the big guy!
                            Well that says a lot about a company and how they treat their employees if you ask me. I am sure there are exceptions but when people choose to hang around and keep working there as opposed feeling they need to move on to another company, and when father is followed by the son and grandson it says something too. Can't be too bad or Dad would have steered them away right?
                            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              the roundup doesn't take away from your vacation time does it

so it sort of gives you an extra couple days babysitting all the grown ups

and to think you started off delivering water to ridge tool company.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X