Funny phone call from customer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny phone call from customer

I got a call today from a customer saying that her tub drain that I had repaced a few weeks back was leaking. I said, OK I will come by and check it out later. I get another call later on from her. She said, Tim I'm sorry it is a false alarm. My two year old peed in the access behind the tub where you cut out sheetrock and dripped down stairs. Thought that was kinda funny. Just glad it was'nt a call back.

Re: Funny phone call from customer

That kids gonna be somethin' when he gets older.

Comment

Sounds like a nice customer. I had a gal that kept complaining of water around a toilet that we had reset. I went back two times and pulled that toilet and reset it. I told her that I thought it was her kid peeing on the floor and she just about threw me out of the house. Got a call from her two days later telling me I was right as she was spying on junior. Never heard from her ever again.

Comment

reminds me of my good friend and his guest toilet leak

after looking at the stains, i brought his 2 teenage boys into the bathroom and started to talk baseball with them

explained to them that "players with shorter bats have to stand closer to the plate"

took a little explaining how this works, but guess what

no more leak

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
          Sounds like a nice customer. I had a gal that kept complaining of water around a toilet that we had reset. I went back two times and pulled that toilet and reset it. I told her that I thought it was her kid peeing on the floor and she just about threw me out of the house. Got a call from her two days later telling me I was right as she was spying on junior. Never heard from her ever again.

And that's how having a good customer, a stupid situation, and their fault, not yours turns into a situation where it ends the working relationship.

I've done this, corrected people before they thought they could push one over on me, trying to tell me I don't know plumbing.

This happened years ago for someone. I roughed water lines in, extended the drain for a lavatory sink and the fixtures were already bought.

I came back to do the finish,

The toilet was a 12" rough, the non-american framer framed it in for 10" which was a huge mistake

The mother's boyfriend cross threaded/ruined the pop-up assembly on this very elegant sink faucet, which was a huge mistake

These people had the nerve to point fingers back at me stating I need to fix the toilet problem in the floor, implying I'm the reason it won't work, and they was trying to blame me for the damaged pop-up drain leaking.

F them. Just because Rico ripped you a new one in your basement doesn't mean you'll put points on the scoreboard thinking you'll jip the plumber. Remember now, the plumber speaks clear english, and has every intention of getting paid.

I thought it was hilarious when I was bashing the one who assembled the vanity drain, only to find out that the guy on the phone I was speaking to was actually the one who broke it.

Using a whole roll of teflon tape on the fine threads of a pop-up assembly is not a good idea.

It's just good to see some work relationships end as fast as they started. Oh look! Horse!
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

LMAO - That's funny and also cool they called you back and told you the story, that makes me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              reminds me of my good friend and his guest toilet leak

after looking at the stains, i brought his 2 teenage boys into the bathroom and started to talk baseball with them

explained to them that "players with shorter bats have to stand closer to the plate"

took a little explaining how this works, but guess what

no more leak

rick.
              That was very nice of you to share your personal experience with them. Someday they will look back and thank you I'm sure.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

How do you confuse water with urine? Isn't everyone's urine dark orange?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Go see your doctor right away!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    How do you confuse water with urine? Isn't everyone's urine dark orange?
                    You need to drink more water!
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

ben, is the military feeding you agent orange

the floor was stone and it was stained not wet.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Frickin idiots(napolean dynamite voice). Can't anyone understand my humor.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

LOL- Me and my phone a friend talked about that this morning and I said I'd give you a day to respond but was sure your were joking.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Look how sad you would have been if nobody cared about you!
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
                              I had the exact same thing happen to me on a new house we just set fixtures on. It took alot of convencing to not have to pull the toilet a third time.

Comment

Working...
                              X