Words per minute...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Words per minute...

I average a whopping 10 wpm. The forum hasn't increased my typing skills but has done a number on my carpel tunnel syndrome.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Im at 90wpm. I took typing classes in HS, and ive been working with computers for over 12yrs now.

I love typing in these forums, when im around!
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
        Im at 90wpm. I took typing classes in HS, and ive been working with computers for over 12yrs now.

I love typing in these forums, when im around!
        And when you are people appreciate it.

How you been Greg?We miss ya.

Comment

I don't know what my wpm is now, but I remember back in high school ( in the late 40's) wpm was calculated after deductions for mistakes, spelling errors, punctuation, etc. I will say that the Forum has improved my speed in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Thread drift. Fringe is really good tonight.

J.C.
            Olivia Dunham is HOT!

I still subscribe to the 2 finger hunt and peck method but much faster since joining the Forum.

Funny thing I just noticed. I use my left index finger but my right middle finger
            I wonder why

Comment

I've been working on typewriters since 1986 (high school) and computers since 1989 (college). I've got a typing speed of 86 words per minute with a 3-word error rate per minute (and that's calculated into the words per minute rate).

Very interesting to hear how many people can type so quickly. Definitely an art to learn. It was considered a pratical art in high school so I could graduate with the typing class. More people should learn.

Cathy

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Comment

Originally posted by henneca View Post
                I've been working on typewriters since 1986 (high school) and computers since 1989 (college). I've got a typing speed of 86 words per minute with a 3-word error rate per minute (and that's calculated into the words per minute rate).

Very interesting to hear how many people can type so quickly. Definitely an art to learn. It was considered a pratical art in high school so I could graduate with the typing class. More people should learn.

Cathy

That's one thing I failed to mention is my error rate, which is high but I'm always hitting the backspace button without looking at the keyboard to make the corrections.

I really lose time when I find out I made a mistake without catching it through each word I type.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

3 wpm Typing+1 wpm thinking rate.
                  Kenneth Collier
                  Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                  Jackson, MS 39206
                  (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                  drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

I'm up to about 30 wpm right now. Adding a second finger really speeded things up for me!
                    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      How many words per minute can you type? Do you think the Forum has increased your wpm? Someone I know had a program I could check my speed on a long time ago. At that time I could type 55 wpm.

I think the Forum may have increased that.

J.C.

I can do 85 wpm,....But I am off tonight to buy naturally speaking vvoice recognition software so I can blog all day long

Oh yea, I do have a HIGH error rate att he speed as well, thats another reason I am buying this software

@CATHY

<3 THE saying

I head that like 12 years ago and its helped me so much in life

I am referring to

It's not what you say but how you say it that matters.
                      Last edited by PlumbingSkool; 12-03-2008, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X