X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words per minute...

How many words per minute can you type? Do you think the Forum has increased your wpm? Someone I know had a program I could check my speed on a long time ago. At that time I could type 55 wpm.

I think the Forum may have increased that.

J.C.

Re: Words per minute...

I used to be a 4 WPM
    I think since I've joined I'm now a six.

That's one hellova percentage increase if you don't mind me saying so.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      I used to be a 4 WPM
      I think since I've joined I'm now a six.

That's one hellova percentage increase if you don't mind me saying so.
      Your fingers must be smokin Adam
      The Other Rick

Comment

I am pretty fast, but I had lots of practice with term papers. And I cheat. I use all ten fingers
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

with typing with 2 fingers i can do about this much in a minute [ 13 ]

now my wife can do over 100 wpm
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

104wpm.

I started at 49wpm.....but answering plumbing questions on the web for 4 years really made the speed go up. Only keys I don't use is the numerical keypad to the right of my keyboard.

Ergonomic keyboards helped the speed dramatically.

Bad thing is, I've bought 8 keyboards since 2002. A lot of them got smashed, the rest from spilled food and drink.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I thought you were pretty fast Dunbar based on your posts. Think about it, that's a skill that you could use if you became unable to do plumbing due to physical ailment. (Back, legs, etc. Other than hands of course.)

Never stop learning and taking something you've developed for granted.

J.C.

P.S. You don't have to work in an office. You could work with good typing skills at home or even the boss of your own office. I know the office politics would drive most plumbers crazy.
              Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 12-02-2008, 10:32 PM.

Comment

If I wouldn't of taken typing in high school, along with word processing, I couldn't do what I do today. And yes, I hope to have that to fall back on when my body finally quits. I'm on a kidney stone hiatus right now that forced me down today.

You think of how many plumbers there are in the world, and how so little can express themselves in print on the internet. The discouragement comes by being either a hunt and peck type of member, or one who just reads and not reply.

I absolutely cannot look at my keyboard while typing, I'd like to say that I've adapted and taught myself the correct way to type.

Funny how when I first started my company, people were shocked that I was internet saavy. Asking for emails and such. I'd love to get my customers email addresses and forget the snail mail idea, costs are significantly cheaper and less effort by far.

Comment

Somewhere between 80-100 wpm. Though most of my typing isn't english prose, but in general is pretty quick.

Comment

We're the same. Except I'm slower at typing and maybe mentally sometimes.

The best thing I got from High School is typing. Miss Sharpe forced us to learn. And that was on old Smith Corona's I think. At least they were electric.

Customers are also amazed at my computer skills. Although not terrific in my mind, I can work circles around alot of more educated people.

I have alot of customers that I email their bills. Those that are up on things love it.

J.C.

Comment

Lately I've been utilizing the tab of my keyboard to submit a reply, just tapping it and hitting enter instead of pulling my hands away and using my mouse.

Comment

Thread drift. Fringe is really good tonight.

J.C.

Comment

P.S. That's a good shortcut tip I didn't know Dunbar. Got to force myself to learn that one. Then I can come closer to doing some Dunbar super postin'.

J.C.

Comment

it has helped me out hands down

infact joey sets the bedroom light on a timer and when it's dark, i have to type with just the screen light. so learning to type has been a forum thing.

of course all lower case helps out with the speed

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

I have to force myself to learn the other keys. The capitals, shift & numbers up top were difficult but I got them as fast as the others now.

J.C.

P.S. I used Dunbars shortcut twice while posting this.

Comment

Working...
                              X