X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit To Home Depot

Checked out the cordless tool batteries hoping to see a sale on Ridgid 18volt lithiums but no such luck. There was a double pack of 18volt Max 2.5AH nicads for $79.97, right next to a single 18volt Max 2.5AH selling for $79.89. Good deal for two batteries even if they are nicad. I'm beginning to think the lithiums are just not worth the price or trouble. Spoke to a TTI representative setting up the Ryobi area and asked him when they are going to offer a 1/2inch heavy duty cordless impact? He said "NEVER!". Oh well, no harm in asking.

Re: Visit To Home Depot

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    Checked out the cordless tool batteries hoping to see a sale on Ridgid 18volt lithiums but no such luck. There was a double pack of 18volt Max 2.5AH nicads for $79.97, right next to a single 18volt Max 2.5AH selling for $79.89. Good deal for two batteries even if they are nicad. I'm beginning to think the lithiums are just not worth the price or trouble. Spoke to a TTI representative setting up the Ryobi area and asked him when they are going to offer a 1/2inch heavy duty cordless impact? He said "NEVER!". Oh well, no harm in asking.
    As you well know Frank, TTI always shares their long term product plans with their field representatives. However based on TTI's somewhat interesting product decisions recently (adjustable chuck 12V LI drill and 18V auto trans drill???) possibly he is correct.
    I for one remember your brilliant suggestion of a charge port for an electric toothbrush as a feature of the Ridgid radio and continue to hope.....Ray

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
      As you well know Frank, TTI always shares their long term product plans with their field representatives. However based on TTI's somewhat interesting product decisions recently (adjustable chuck 12V LI drill and 18V auto trans drill???) possibly he is correct.
      I for one remember your brilliant suggestion of a charge port for an electric toothbrush as a feature of the Ridgid radio and continue to hope.....Ray
      Ray was that in the same post when I suggested a "Death Ray" be included? Well, maybe the toothbrush thing was over the line but I would buy that radio in a heartbeat if the death ray was included!

Comment

Ray was that in the same post when I suggested a "Death Ray" be included? Well, maybe the toothbrush thing was over the line but I would buy that radio in a heartbeat if the death ray was included!
        Frankie, A death ray may be asking too much, just think of the lawsuits. Really what the radio needs is a coffee maker, beverage cooler, phone charger, 120VAC convenience outlet that runs off of the 18V battery, and Internet access. Maybe for good measure they should make it a combo pack that includes a heavy duty 1/2" impact wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
          Frankie, A death ray may be asking too much, just think of the lawsuits. Really what the radio needs is a coffee maker, beverage cooler, phone charger, 120VAC convenience outlet that runs off of the 18V battery, and Internet access. Maybe for good measure they should make it a combo pack that includes a heavy duty 1/2" impact wrench.
          Ah, the old 1/2" heavy duty impact wrench! Hit me where it hurts Charles. Hey, lawsuits didn't stop Ford from making the Pinto or Chevy from putting gas tanks outside their frame rails. Trust me when you've been married as long as I have, a death ray is the perfect accessory.

Comment

Frank.....I have reached that chronological point in my life where "death" and "Ray" close together makes me a little jittery! It gives me the same sort of feeling as the phrase "goverment bailout", you know, kind of like something really, really bad is about to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
              Frank.....I have reached that chronological point in my life where "death" and "Ray" close together makes me a little jittery!

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                I feel your concern Ray. What else would work? Photon torpedo? Anti matter cannon? Too expensive to produce! How about a charger?

Comment

I feel your concern Ray. What else would work? Photon torpedo? Anti matter cannon? Too expensive to produce! How about a charger?
                  No problem mate! As we taxpayers know, our beloved government loves investing "their" money in ah....er...um.....risky causes. Ring em up! Don't be chintzy. No chance with a small business loan. Ask for at least a $billion.
                  After they give you the money the first thing you need to do is take us all to a resort hotel for some of those $30,000 massages.......Ray

Comment

Working...
                  X