Handling SPAM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handling SPAM

It seems as of late the amount of SPAM on the site is increasing and some are getting clever by hiding the SPAM in the middle of an existing Thread. When you find SPAM please let a Moderator know and do not reply to the SPAM. In addition, when you quote SPAM, you add one more step to trying to Moderate it. Just leave the Thread/Post alone and let a Moderator know it needs attention.

Thanks-Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Handling SPAM

Originally posted by toutahnow View Post
    it seems as of late the amount of spam on the site is increasing and some are getting clever by hiding the spam in the middle of an existing thread. When you find spam please let a moderator know and do not reply to the spam. In addition, when you quote spam, you add one more step to trying to moderate it. Just leave the thread/post alone and let a moderator know it needs attention.

Thanks-mark
    spam alert!
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      It seems as of late the amount of SPAM on the site is increasing and some are getting clever by hiding the SPAM in the middle of an existing Thread. When you find SPAM please let a Moderator know and do not reply to the SPAM. In addition, when you quote SPAM, you add one more step to trying to Moderate it. Just leave the Thread/Post alone and let a Moderator know it needs attention.

Thanks-Mark
      What about a sticky explaining to the users of this forum how to use the button

You would be surprised how many people don't know about that . well then again, you probably won't be surprised but I was

Comment

How does one use this magical button?

Comment

What are it's magical powers?

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
            What about a sticky explaining to the users of this forum how to use the button

You would be surprised how many people don't know about that . well then again, you probably won't be surprised but I was
            Great idea except that the button only alerts Josh of the problem. Between his young family, work, school and life in general, he doesn't always have the time to spend on the site he would like to. Many of the members currently PM me which seems to work fairly well. I find quite a few on my own but I often miss the SPAM messages which are embedded within Threads.

Mark

Comment

Great idea except that the button only alerts Josh of the problem. Between his young family, work, school and life in general, he doesn't always have the time to spend on the site he would like to. Many of the members currently PM me which seems to work fairly well. I find quite a few on my own but I often miss the SPAM messages which are embedded within Threads.

Mark

So maybe Josh should set it so the MODS can access the reports.....That's kinda what the option is for,......

I was just making a FAQ on that report button, with pictures and was about to make a thread, good thing I did not

If Josh changes the settings let me know, I just wrote this really nice post that should be a sticky , I even took screenshots

Unless its cool to post that now...I have no idea

Comment

Mark
                So are you saying you have no life
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                  How does one use this magical button?
                  The same way you use most others, you click on it.
                  "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                  John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Mark
                    I think that could be easily fixed by having the reports get cc'd to your email also Mark.
                    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      So are you saying you have no life
                      Yes other than my phone-a-friend I am hopelessly lonely.

M ark

BTW: See you at dinner we're leaving in just a minute.

Comment

thanks for picking up dinner

but i was hoping for something a little better than spam

why was i the one that the waiter spilt the ice tea on

why not you or joey

at least he had the waitress come over to wipe me off

thanks again, dinner and company is the best

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Oh what?

No doggie bags for the rest of us .....j/k glad you guys had a ice Friday night

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            thanks for picking up dinner

but i was hoping for something a little better than spam

why was i the one that the waiter spilt the ice tea on

why not you or joey

at least he had the waitress come over to wipe me off

thanks again, dinner and company is the best

rick.
                            That waitress was a DUDE!

Mark

Comment

That waitress was a DUDE!

Mark

Oh man,......You guys REALLY had a good time then ....haha

Comment

Working...
                              X