Anyone Read?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone Read?

That's what I'm reading! Sun Tzu's-The Art of War. Interesting little book.

J.C.

Comment

[quote=JCsPlumbing;192375]Anyone read things other than job related? Business books? Other? Recommendations?

Currently reading "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running". Haruki Murakami is the author. Good, insightful book. He has a number of good novels out.

Comment

[quote=D'Brie;192988]
        Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Anyone read things other than job related? Business books? Other? Recommendations?

Currently reading "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running". Haruki Murakami is the author. Good, insightful book. He has a number of good novels out.
        I ran once. Got about 47 feet and coughed up a pack of Camels
        Damn I've got to quit, just reading about running would make me short of breath.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

One of my customers asked me to do one of those 5k's with him. I told him he'd have to chase me with a knife then maybe I could do it.

J.C.

Comment

One of my favorite books is Wanda Hickey's night of goldem memories by Jean Shepard. Same guy who wrote a Christmas story. Don't read with a full bladder or you'll have an accident.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              As of late I seem to be reading more books from authors like Dr. William S. Gray.

Mark
              Plumb Dick Plumb

Comment

See Jane get the wrench Jane. Jane get the wrench. Jane, GET THE WRENCH!

Had to make it a little more familiar.

J.C.

Comment

J.C.
                  Thanks for the Encore

Comment

Atlas shrugged made a big impact on me. Seems like it's coming true with the bail outs and government take overs. Pat McMannis is the funniest stuff an out doors person could read. A fine and pleasant misery----- still makes me laugh

Comment

I really liked the Fountainhead. I think that my software is beautiful in much the same way Howard Roark does his buildings.

Comment

Yeah I liked fountainhead better too... atlas shrugged just seemed like too much . Though fountainhead had a semi-rape scene in it which I found disturbing... 'cause roark could just TELL she really wanted to even though she was protesting.

there is a shop in vail called John Galt. sell skis and clothes and stuff. I was bored waiting for girlfriend to finish shopping so went in and poked around. Guy comes over and asks if he can help me find anything... I asked if Ayn Rand was required reading for the staff... pause, 'It is for the managers.'

recent reads... thousand splendid suns; afghanistan again from the kite runner author, liked it.

story of b.... really interesting cultural/philosophical study
                        Last edited by Ace Sewer; 12-10-2008, 08:47 PM.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          Plumb Dick Plumb

J.C.
                          Took you guys long enough! I even gave a clue about working up to chapter books

I was starting to worry about some of you
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Never looked at who wrote it. Busy seeing what the two inside were up too. Been a long time. Happy memories.

J.C.
                            Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 12-10-2008, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Nobody bothered to look up the author because of Mark's brilliance

He makes me laugh.
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I can type

but I can't read.

(opens mustard bottle and squirts mustard into mouth)
                                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X