Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone Read?

Plumb Rick Plumb.

See the wrench Joey. Joey sees the wrench. Get the wrench Joey.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
      Plumb Rick Plumb.

See the wrench Joey. Joey sees the wrench. Get the wrench Joey.
      Ace,you might be digging your self a hole.
      Kenneth Collier
      Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
      Jackson, MS 39206
      (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
      drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

As I described in a post before, in this thread, wiefey has a book on almost any subject I can think of. I am about to buy a DC and sure enough - yesterday she put on the table Woodshop Dust Control by Sandor Nagyszalanczy. She had bought it a few years ago, before I even thought of getting into the woodworking hobby. She bought it just in case
        In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

I really enjoy biographies. However watching them on the tube saves me a ton of time.

Comment

Just finished re-reading the Sci Fi classics Ringworld and Ringworld Engineers by Larry Niven. I have Ringworld Throne and Ringworld Children coming from the library, which were not written yet when I last read Larry Niven. I also am re-reading the rest of his "Known Universe" books, which are related to Ringworld in various ways.

Prior to that, I read an interesting bit of historical fiction called 'The Historian', by Elizabeth Kostova, which traces the bits of historical facts about Vlad the Impaler, and his supposed alter ego Dracula. It is more of a history lesson than a vampire story.
            Steve
            www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I just finished reading Hunt for red October, I've read most of Clancy's other books but not that one. Now I'm reading a book about Gen. Patton

Comment

Haven't really read anything other than plumbing books in a while, Last book was Lonesome Dove, Larry McMurtry. Excellent book (and series). Aside form that, I can usually re-read any Steinbeck, grapes of wrath is my favorite
                West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

I just read a few books from Christmas.

My daughter got me a book called the Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck...Not the type of book I would usually read, but when my wife told me the story about how Crystal wouldn't hear of getting me anything else, that I needed a "grown up" book for Christmas, there was none better than the pretty Red and White one...Read it cover to cover, easy read. Will probably have the kids read it at some point as it has some good messages in it.

My in-laws got me a few books which I have read a couple of.

Dexter (books 1 &3) by Jeff Lindsay. Read book 1 and the show mostly follows the book, aside from a few idiosynchrocies, ok read, but would have rather read the books before the series as I had a hard time trying to visualize the charachters for anything but who plays them on tv.

Also read The Darker Side by Cody McFayden. This is about as good as Crime thrillers get. At one point I was reading in my chair with my son asleep in my lap and my wife got home and opened the door and I jumped because I was so involved in the book.

I have also read most of Stuart Woods' books, some of Janet Evanovitch, Some Stephen King.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
                    Haven't really read anything other than plumbing books in a while, Last book was Lonesome Dove, Larry McMurtry. Excellent book (and series). Aside form that, I can usually re-read any Steinbeck, grapes of wrath is my favorite
                    Check out another McMurtry series 'The Berrybender Narratives' The first is 'Sin Killer'.
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Military/political history, especially books that focus on strategy. Plus the blood and guts stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                        Military/political history, especially books that focus on strategy. Plus the blood and guts stuff.
                        Any good strategy book recommendations Bogart?

J.C.

Comment

Erickson's Road to Stalingrad and Road to Berlin. Total War, both books, and anything by Bruce Caton.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                            and anything by Bruce Caton.
                            When I worked at the Orange, VA plant (drain cleaners and tubing tools) we lived on the Wilderness battlefield. My wife worked in Fredricksburg just west of Marye's Heights, and drove past Chancellorsville every day. I'd already read a bunch of Civil War histories, but I read Bruce's books again (and several others) while I lived there. It made the drive into town raise goosebumps.

When we were there (1980-1986) it was still pretty open and preserved, but since then a lot of development and condos have gone in west of Fredricksburg. Sorta ruined it. Bulls Run (Manassas) was already lost in urban sprawl when we lived there.
                            Steve
                            www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                            X