X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats with the gas $$$$$

do you think the the auto company's have something to do with it ?

i think they do they asked the oil co to drop the price so the people will forget the high prices and start driving the big SUVs again there for the oil co can still make a lot of $$$$$, and people will stop looking for other types of fuel or other ways to do away with oil
    gas now in my town is down to $1.65 and still going down

i love it but when and how high will it go back up
    what do you think is going on
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Re: whats with the gas $$$$$

I believe the speculators left the market and OPEC is worried about the drop in demand. I hope this does not slow our quest for becoming self-sufficient.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I hate to say it Mark, but historically that's what happens.

J.C.

Comment

I just saw a TV promo on CBS watch 20/20 tomorrow, the king will be on.
        Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
        New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
          I just saw a TV promo on CBS watch 20/20 tomorrow, the king will be on.
          ELVIS ON 20/20???

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            ELVIS ON 20/20???

J.C.
            You know as I typed that I was like someone is going to say that

I think its the king of opec or some sort of oil king
            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              I believe the speculators left the market and OPEC is worried about the drop in demand. I hope this does not slow our quest for becoming self-sufficient.

Mark
              Gasoline selling at $4.39 a gallon has been a good eye opener, if we become complacent with cheaper prices shame on us!

Comment

What about the prices of heating oil? I don't know anyone (residential) that currently uses oil for heating around my area. It's either natural gas or electric heat pumps with resistive electric backup. Straight resistive electric heat = BIG $$$ and has for a long time.

I could price Diesel fuel, but then it is heavily taxed whereby 2D heating oil or off road (farm use only) Diesel isn't.
                Last edited by Woussko; 12-07-2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

We get gouged up here with gas prices. In southern Ontario, in Canada, we are currently paying roughly 76 cents a litre right now, while gas is $1.69 a gallon just across the border in Michigan. Well, at 3.78 litres to the gallon, we're paying the equivalent (including dollar exchange) of about $2.33 a gallon for the same gas. And we're (Canada) a gross exporter of oil and gas to the U.S., so you think we'd be getting it cheaper than you guys (kinda like the Saudis pay next to zilch for their own gas). But no - our government really fleeces us, and takes a ton in taxes from gas, compared to on the south side of the border.

Oh well. Beats when we were at the peak a few months back - $1.35 a litre, or about $4.33 a gallon.

Comment

It would be interesting to compare fuel prices with the taxes removed.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

On 60 Minutes last night [click to watch video] the Saudi Oil Minister said it costs about $2/bbl US is bring oil out of the ground. He also said they are worried about the current $43/bbl price, they want it back around $55 as a minimum. They are doing it for us, raising the price that is. It's in our (not Saudi ARAMCO's) best interest he said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4653109n
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X