http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Re: gas prices

$4.54 -> $2.05

Comment

I believe somewhere around $4.50 was the high and the low was $0.23 per gallon.

Mark

BTW: The low price was in 1968
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

How 'bout now?

Comment

In California we are down to $1.79 for 87 Octane. Brenda will be leaving in a bit to go to Las Vegas. I will have her check the prices there.

Mark
          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-07-2008, 09:38 PM. Reason: misspelled her

Comment

The highest this summer $3.95

Now, $ 1.39!!!

Comment

I can't remember the exact price, but it was over $4.60 here in Painted Post.

I'm a bit curious though as to what exactly is setting the price. Over the last couple of years I've been doing a lot of driving back and forth between Painted Post (Corning, NY area) and Binghamton which is 75 miles east of here. The trips have been about twice a month.

What's curious is that the price here in the Corning area has been almost consistantly $0.20 to $0.25 cents higher per gallon than in the Binghamton area. Add to that, one of the Binghamton chains has a sale day once a week, where the gas drops about a nichol a gallon compared to the local competition. A year ago, not only was this chain giving a sale day, but also throwing in a free slice of pizza for ten gallons or more. No big deal, except that compared to prices in the Corning area, I not only saved a Quarter per gallon, but they also gave me a free snack.

I basically attributed the higher price was due to the fact that Corning is a popular tourist area and the competion across the area is generally fixed to less than a penny difference between the less than a dozen gas stations.

Now (the past month or so), things have reversed a bit. Prices in the Corning area are now almost $0.15 cheaper than compared to Binghamton! (Price on Friday in Binghamton was $1.99 per gal. and in Painted Post, it was $1.87)

So, I wonder what gives. The Corning guys always blamed it on county taxes (Steuben), but if that were true then Binghamton (Broome) should be selling gas at about $1.65 per gallon today.

It appears to me that somebody has, and/or IS, ripping us off!

CWS

Comment

What is the actual price of gas without all the state and federal taxes?

Comment

I think it is around $0.90/gallon, but this also excludes transportation in the country; etc.

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/com.../cfutures.html

Comment

paid $1.69 for 87 today at costco culver city, calif.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I think anything like this where prices triple then fall back in the space of like 18 months stinks of market manipulation.

A few insider types made a killing off this, I am sure. I bet a bunch more wannabe commodity day traders are licking their wounds right now. But most of us are just left scratching our heads wondering what happened and how to plan for the future.

This smells like another enron-like scam.

It just makes me sick that this is what America has become. Whatever happened to creating something of value and selling it to people who appreciate it as a business model? All I see is people trying to cash in on scams, and a competition to see who can get the mostest for the leastest and laugh hardest at who they step on while doing it. Exploitation of anomolies and position instead of talent, substance, and value. Makes me want some alone time in a small room with hair gelled suit wearing types.

The old truth is always there; follow the money. Figure out who cashed in here and how and it will all make sense.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

You have to wonder about those economists who predicted $10.00 per gallon gas after the first of the year as a true correction of value.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                          I think anything like this where prices triple then fall back in the space of like 18 months stinks of market manipulation.

A few insider types made a killing off this, I am sure. I bet a bunch more wannabe commodity day traders are licking their wounds right now. But most of us are just left scratching our heads wondering what happened and how to plan for the future.

This smells like another enron-like scam.

It just makes me sick that this is what America has become. Whatever happened to creating something of value and selling it to people who appreciate it as a business model? All I see is people trying to cash in on scams, and a competition to see who can get the mostest for the leastest and laugh hardest at who they step on while doing it. Exploitation of anomolies and position instead of talent, substance, and value. Makes me want some alone time in a small room with hair gelled suit wearing types.

The old truth is always there; follow the money. Figure out who cashed in here and how and it will all make sense.
                          Totally agree with everything you said! These are the same bums who make scams out of legitimate businesses. There was a time when you invested in a company through their stocks and either held them a long time or maybe a year or two, now they do this stock bounce thing where they trade (buy and sell on pennies) which ruins any long term growth. The crooks and bums are way ahead of the honest and hardworking folks and unless there are stricter laws and enforcement we will continue to have these problems. I have a brother in-law who is a finance guy deal in stocks and investments. He is one of those bums who invested heavily in oil futures and monsanto with their enginered seeds. I told my wife I would rather starve than be a part of what makes the problem worse! There should be no trading allowed for such an essential commodity as oil.

Comment

Looks like gas is starting back up. Went to $1.75 on 01/01/09 dropped 2 cents and now is at $1.89 on 01/06/09 here in Ky.

Comment

$5.84/gal heating fuel

$6.90/gal gas

Vince

Comment

Working...
                              X