Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna puke! ****!, ****! and who knows what else!

Talk about one of the most unmemorable moments in sick history.

Wednesday night I do an emergency water heater replacement for a well known politician at his rental property *one of select few I work for*

and a comment was made from the tenant that his daughter/granddaughter live with them and they came down with this unreal flu, couldn't stop it from coming out both ends.

Well, I took a day off right after because I was fighting a kidney stone and the next day, I set the call for 9am.

I wake up, feeling horrible but I figured lack of sleep had a lot to do with it.

I go to this new bakery barn and pick 16 of the most deelicious custard chocolate donuts, warm and mouthwatering. I'm driving along and heading to a buddy's new business to drop off a dozen donuts. I'm feeling worse and time moves on and I get a call on the way over that the tenant had to be driven home yesterday because he was so sick, suffering from the same thing his daughter/granddaughter was suffering from.

So I stay a little longer at the new business, head over to that jobsite, drop off 4 more donuts and a check and head back to the shop.

This is where it all gets ugly.

Just that trip from that house, to Wendy's for breakfast, I got seriously worse, feeling very uncomfortable and the look on the cashier's face was like WTF?! are you okay? and I told him I'll probably eat this sometime later today.

I get home, dog is happy to see me and him and I begin to "try" to eat this breakfast I bought. I'm about 2/3rd's through my meal and damn if the dog wasn't hurling up full pieces of bacon. I mentioned him getting sick in that complaint thread.

Wouldn't you know it....less than an hour later, I was hurling/puking....feeling worse by the minute. I lay down for a few hours, wake up and within seconds I'm hurling again.

All I know between this time and 7:30pm is that I had given instructions, long instructions of people to call and cancel, move my calls to a later date because I'm down for the count.

Got my dad to help me out even though he grumbled the entire time. I had my entire living quarters shut down: no lights, no window light, no tv or internet.

Was able to get a bottle of pedialyte brought to me along with some other items like a few fun size candybars to spike my blood sugar through all this, some alka-seltzer cold plus, some incorrectly bought pedia-sure that was a catch all purple cough syrup.

At 7:32pm, there was a horrible, unforseen, unforgiving, disasterous thumping, pounding, pressuring on my back door and that was just the first 40 minutes.

There was no making it to the bathroom, NONE. Between reaction time and dump time, instant. I found my comfort in a tall plastic kitchen garbage can.

It was either that, or seriously living on the bathroom floor....no choice. I've never been so victimized by the flu in my life.

I can handle the puking part, cause I always felt better after it happened but the "other" part I found so disturbing because I was losing pounds by the hour. Everything was liquid, becoming watery and dehydration can really set in if you're not careful. Doesn't matter if you're sitting there drinking fluids or not. Pedialyte even though it tastes horrible, I could tell it was keeping me alive to fight for another day.

I've lost 24 pounds since friday morning. My stomach is even slimmer.

My dog, who was a great companion in all this went into bear hibernation mode and he did nothing but sleep on the bed with me the entire time, didn't have to go outside or nothing for 24 hours! I had to force him to use the bathroom when I finally was able to get up and move around.

This dog if I could of taken video of his face I swear was wincing at one point because of the smells of what was wrong with me. He was concerned, no doubt LOL!!!

Saturday, I had an obligation to meet by setting up park benches at a christmas walk..couldn't pass up $450 just because I got the hershey squirts.

As rough as it was, my dad and I was able to get them set up in the freezing cold, mission accomplished. I came back home, went straight to bed and called the event to let them know that I could not come back the same night to get the benches.....that I'll take my chances and get them sunday morning. If someone wants to steal them in 18 degree weather they can have them......all I care about is getting better.

I had anal episodes up till midnight last night, was making misjudgements on whether it was passing wind or passing fluid....I misjudged many times.

Somewhere I passed out cold and slept till morning, this morning and made myself get up to get those benches back in my posession. None were stolen, money is coming.

Today has been a restructuring of my health as I'm very weak, dizzy, slowly bringing foods back into my stomach and the only thing that's coming out of the lower nether regions is stench, stench that is so disasterous that any source of ignition in my room and I'll blow myself up, literally. 3 or 4 times I've let go of something that I had to leave the room because I didn't want to gag.

All the customers I pushed off, they're waiting for me come this week. I did miss a lot of calls thursday and friday but my colon was thinking homebound till further notice. I seriously don't need Jenny Craig after what I experienced this weekend. I swear this smell is painted on the walls now and there's no way I could of worked with one of my two conditions not stopping for even a minute when it started.

This "flu" is travelling across the united states right now, I'm on other forum boards and what I described is exactly what others are dealing with. IF you don't have it, and someone close to you does? Count on getting it and these words I type will read like a death warrant when you finally do get this disasterous sick feeling.

All I can tell you is get Pedialyte, don't try anything solid, maybe soup but expect it all to shoot through your nostrils at some point.

Having a good dog is a must through this tough time as well; they are the most loyal animal you'll ever own. I found much comfort in having a bed mate through it all.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: I'm gonna puke! ****!, ****! and who knows what else!

I think you need to see a doctor Dunbar....

not about this illness, because your head ain't right

Comment

DB. I too have danced with this devil before. Not this year but thanks for the heads up that I've got something to look forward too.

For those that have never experienced it...you WILL sleep on the bathroom floor. It feels like Alien is in your chest.

And your cornhole WILL be sore.

Takes 3 to 4 days to "get right" AFTER all the bathroom living.

Stay strong DB-the doughnuts are waiting.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        I think you need to see a doctor Dunbar....

not about this illness, because your head ain't right

LOL! I've been told more than once I have a garden variety of physical and emotional problems. Attachment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        DB. I too have danced with this devil before. Not this year but thanks for the heads up that I've got something to look forward too.

For those that have never experienced it...you WILL sleep on the bathroom floor. It feels like Alien is in your chest.

And your cornhole WILL be sore.

Takes 3 to 4 days to "get right" AFTER all the bathroom living.

Stay strong DB-the doughnuts are waiting.

J.C.

Your words I highlighted....there's no way that can't happen without my plan b with the garbage can. Sounds like you've definitely walked that walk before.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's the guy who kept me partners in slime! Attachment
          Attached Files

Comment

Glad your feeling better Dunbar. I hate the flu. my girl friend says I'm a baby and can't handle it. She doesn't realize How close to death I am when I have the flu. She keeps telling me to take a midol and get over it........... I didn't know midol was for the flu

Comment

dunbar, isn't your dog worried that 1 day you might mistake him for a hot dog and eat him

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

We thought about eating him once, when we was lost in the woods after hiking but we figured that right as we was enjoying the meat off the bones for survival,

the rescue team would show up.

He's a little fellar but he's so much easier to take care of. He's going on 15, going to be a sad day when I lose him. Him and I have been through some serious history.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                  Here's the guy who kept me partners in slime! Attachment

So, was his face white like that and his eyes red BEFORE your, uh, incapacitation.
                  This ranks right up there with your previous post of your, uh, incapacitation at your customers house.
                  Do you keep a big garbage can on the truck now?
                  I'm sure your BB-50 HAD to be a big help.
                  Attached Files
                  "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I'm loaded with adhesions(scarTissue) wrapped around my intestines and every few months I get a partial blockage followed by similar symptoms and real bad pain. Stomach swells up and I look pregnant. Nothing like a good dog to see you through. The best part is when the symptoms and pain pass and you get a feeling of relief. Last time I lost 12 pounds in a couple day, unfortunately I put it all back and then some. Don't wish that kind of illness on anyone, glad you are over it. Take care.

Comment

Gatorade........lots and lots of gatorade will get you through most flu, hangover, girlfriend dumping you....

Liquid sugar and salt keeps you going at the worst of times.

Cheeseburgers from McDonalds are an excellent addition as well.......

I haven't had the puking flu in years - alcohol and otherwise........
                      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Dunbar, I have to say...this is the most educational, visceral, informative, elaborate, thought provoking, and intriguing thread I think any of us have ever read. I think we are all the more smarter for reading it.

Did I mention disgusting?

Can't beat having a good dog, though. Even if you do have the "trots".

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                          Gatorade........lots and lots of gatorade will get you through most flu, hangover, girlfriend dumping you....

Liquid sugar and salt keeps you going at the worst of times.

Cheeseburgers from McDonalds are an excellent addition as well.......

I haven't had the puking flu in years - alcohol and otherwise........
                          Appreciated advice but the "disease" Dunbar is talking about will make you just chuck it right back. You literally have to become totally dehydrated for the bug to die. Then you can hit the Gatorade.

J.C.

Comment

Well, my first day back to civilization was a rough one.

Extremely dizzy, made lots of mistakes, short tempered, people telling me I didn't look well, list goes on.

By 8 o'clock tonight though I was back on track, no more dealing with my natural smell anymore as a good hour shower solved a lot of "bark" that I accumulated over the weekend.

I will have a flu shot in the immediate future.....this one time was too disturbing friday evening going into saturday morning. If I could afford it I'd be throwing my mattress away. Good thing is I know they make those hypo-allergenic sealed bags to hide the evidence and nail it down tight!

Man am I so glad for that! It wasn't pretty folks, hell there's some drywall even getting replaced out of all this. Don't ask.

It's asses and elbows the rest of the week though; 2-3hdle to single handle faucet replacements, few rebuilds, battery backup sump pump install, pedestal lav switchout, gas water heater flue pipe rework....that's not counting any calls that will come in this week.

The good thing is.....by week's end, I'll be just as broke as I am today...the difference will be a few thousand dollars worth of bills paid to which I'll be feeling the relief knowing it's behind me. But then a second round hits right where the first left off......dammit!

Comment

This thread was the literary version of the tv show Jacka$$.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X