X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nicotine

To everyone that decides to quit, remember you're doing it for everyone you care about and that cares about you besides yourself. It really is heartbreaking to watch a lived one destroy his/her life by smoking to the point of where it kills someone or almost kills someone. Quitting after serious damages have been done may get you a little time before you die, but it's not living life. If you quit early you and your loved ones will receive a great reward. They won't have to watch as you suffer which makes them suffer too. Everyone including yourself gains as your health improves and you can once again live.

Good luck and whatever you do, don't give up on quitting. You can do it.

Comment

I'm now nearing 6 weeks without a single drag. I'm not declaring victory yet, but it does feel like I've got it nailed.

It's become much less difficult. Most of the time I'm not missing it, though I still from time to time want one very very badly.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
        I'm now nearing 6 weeks without a single drag. I'm not declaring victory yet, but it does feel like I've got it nailed.

It's become much less difficult. Most of the time I'm not missing it, though I still from time to time want one very very badly.
        Good job and I am glad to hear you are doing well. Just remember smoking one cigarette will erase all of your hard work. It took me several years to not miss smoking but it was sure worth it to quit.

Keep up the good work.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I quit my two and a half pack a day habit in 2004. I used the patch to get rid of the shakes. The only thing that got rid of the habit was time. As long as two months later I was reaching for my pack where I kept them in my truck and my pocket only to find that there was no longer a pack there. Six months later I would occasionally dream about having a drag. It was ridiculous.

It was tough but worth it. I would constantly remind myself that there was a time in my life where I did not smoke and I just needed to get back to that way of thinking. So glad I quit.

These days I'm battling over-eating. Those damn double whoppers w/ cheese are so addictive and convenient. Mayo and red meat are my new nicotine.

It can be done. Good Luck.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

You've pretty much nailed it.To go back to smoking now after such a major investment would be rediculous.Unless of course one would be subjected to some type of trauma.

I had a buddy visit for a few minutes in the garage this weekend.
            He pulled up and lit up.I was a half breath away from TELLING him to give me one while we reminisce,crazy feeling to control.
            Funny thing is Mellie always has a full pack,lighter and ashtray sitting on the dryer which doesn't even phase me anymore.
            Congratulations "ACE".Keep up the good work.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that smoking isn't "drty" any more.
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Hey Ace just wanted to know how things are going with smoking ? I am thinking about giving it up.

Comment

THINKING?

Hey man, what is there to THINK about. You got a wife, a son or daughter, mother or father, good friends, guys that depend on you, people that have been your customers and for which you have become respected by? How about a loyal dog, even?

There is nothing to THINK about... just take whatever steps you need to do and STOP!!!!

Hey, seriously, I don't know you... but at my ripe young age of 66 I cannot tell you the number of friends and family that I now serioiusly miss. Friends that are gone. Family that have left a serious hole in my life. My father, several uncles and a couple of aunts and and cousins, an old girl friend, and the list goes on.

Just the other day, I contacted an old friend only to find out that his wife passed away a couple of years ago. They were a great couple and she was a very lovely and pleasant woman. It saddens me greatly that my old friend is now alone and without his adored wife of forty-plus years.

Last year my wife lost her cousin. A positively beautiful woman, that just wasted away. She hung on for everything that she had in her, holding on with literally her last breaths as she wanted to be at her daughter's wedding. She made it, but near the end she had lost her hair, her teeth, and was unable to walk.... as the cancer detroyed her piece by piece. I cannot even begin to comprehend the pain that she endured in her fight to hang on.

Smoking and the damage it causes and the death that it brings to far too many, is not something that needs a lot of "thinking about". IT KILLS and it does so slowly and with much pain.

When we are young we are invincible... but smoking raises the risk higher and higher as each year goes by. You don't have to be in your 60's or 70's. I've lost friends as young as 42. Wise up, make your life as long as you can, there's nothing to THINK about and there's every reason to don't start and even more reasons to STOP!

May God bless you with the strength and wisdom to stop,

CWS

Comment

I quit a few years ago, so did my wife. It's one of the best things I have ever done. I smoked 2-3 packs per day and The Patch sure made quitting easy to do. I would stick one to the back of my shoulder and 10 minutes later the craving would be gone. It took much longer to stop reaching for what wasn't there but after a year or so I also stopped the reaching for a pack. Good luck sir!

Comment

I think I'm going to go back to smoking so I can stop eating!

Muwahaahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VcRF_cB4NY
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                        X