killin' time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killin' time

Since work's sketchy, I'm goin' for a drive.

Re: killin' time

glad gas has dropped.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I sometimes drive around to kill time too (usually only like 10 minutes). I generally do it on streets that have nice houses; and figure in 25 years that maybe I can afford something like that too.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
        I sometimes drive around to kill time too (usually only like 10 minutes). I generally do it on streets that have nice houses; and figure in 25 years that maybe I can afford something like that too.

You sure you do it to "kill time" or are you really doing it to case the joints?
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I do drive bys all the time to check out a potential job before following up on a lead or referral.....

Then I know how serious to be on the phone.
          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
            I do drive bys all the time to check out a potential job before following up on a lead or referral.....

Then I know how serious to be on the phone.

I do that online at our county assessor of property website. I can see the house appraisal, how much they pay in property taxes, when they bought the house, how old the house is, and what permits have been pulled over the last few years, whose name the house is in (wife or husband or none of the above.)
            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Made it as far as Twin Falls,Id.

Comment

What did you see?

Corn field, corn field, corn field, RR crossing, corn field??
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Buffalo
                  "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Gene, Didn't get 1 hour away, Lincoln Cont. spun out, East bound, sheet rockers lost the topper off their Chebby. Had to stop in S. L. Ut. at Sportsmans Warehouse , bought a pair of hemostats to get Third Eye Blind out of the Pioneer. On I 84 right across the border snowing like mad. Couldn't really see anything. 11:00 , My tile buddy calls sez he's got some work for me. Great ,I think. Asked him if we could do it tomorrow? No problem he sez. That makes me feel better. Found a good cd Lemon Jelly. Get past Burley and there's a wreck, holds me up for Pearl Jams Riot Act. Enough is enough, slip between two semis, take the shoulder back a couple miles so I can get a clean shot at the right lane. Back in Burley, Quarter pounder with cheese and soak up Idahoan hospitality. To Wal Mart for a souvenir for my daughter. Tile buddy calls again starts asking about tankless heaters. That really changed my attitude, volume went up, gas pedal went down. It stopped snowing by now. Missed my turn and came back through Pocatello.

Comment

Yes, there was a herd.

Comment

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
                        Since work's sketchy, I'm goin' for a drive.
                        Wow. That was a serious drive. Hope you enjoyed yourself and had some time to think.

Comment

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
                          Gene, Didn't get 1 hour away, Lincoln Cont. spun out, East bound, sheet rockers lost the topper off their Chebby. Had to stop in S. L. Ut. at Sportsmans Warehouse , bought a pair of hemostats to get Third Eye Blind out of the Pioneer. On I 84 right across the border snowing like mad. Couldn't really see anything. 11:00 , My tile buddy calls sez he's got some work for me. Great ,I think. Asked him if we could do it tomorrow? No problem he sez. That makes me feel better. Found a good cd Lemon Jelly. Get past Burley and there's a wreck, holds me up for Pearl Jams Riot Act. Enough is enough, slip between two semis, take the shoulder back a couple miles so I can get a clean shot at the right lane. Back in Burley, Quarter pounder with cheese and soak up Idahoan hospitality. To Wal Mart for a souvenir for my daughter. Tile buddy calls again starts asking about tankless heaters. That really changed my attitude, volume went up, gas pedal went down. It stopped snowing by now. Missed my turn and came back through Pocatello.

So, No corn then?
                          I just looked up Lemon Jelly. WOW! That band would have come in handy, back in the day

Comment

Ran into the owner of that tankless install today at Starbucks. Asks me if we can talk about the tankless. Sure , I say. Says he's got to clean aerators every other day because of calcium chunks.
                            The community well isn't helping matters. My response was water ph and heat output of the unit. I suggested he call the manufacturer also. Offered my assistance and said c-ya

Comment

Working...
                            X