For those with children...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those with children...

My sons are all fairly good plumbers which I figure will help them even though their careers took them elsewhere.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: For those with children...

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Great question and the short answer is I encourage them to do what makes them happy.

Oldest daughter - Went off to a University to be a school teacher. I asked her since she was going through all the work to go to a University perhaps she should set her sights higher. She replied its all she ever wanted to be.

Oldest son - Born wanting to be an Army pilot and is living his dream

Middle son - Still not sure what he wants to be. He has a degree in fire science but after the Air Force took a job as a LEO. Just recently became a pilot flying out to oil platforms. Worked as a plumber for a bit but was more interested in being the boss than the plumber.

Youngest son - Great plumber, went off to school to become a Mechanical Engineer but a few classes short of a degree became a California Highway Patrol Officer and loves what he is doing.

Middle daughter - Preschool teacher for the city but her husband has worked with me a little until my brother helped him get on at the steam plant.

Youngest daughter - Works for a large county program in charge of at-risk-youth for Parks & Rec.

Bottom line, I had a plumbing business I could not give to my kids because they were not interested enough. They all went off to college and they are all living their dreams not mine. Seeing them happy is all that matters but I always thought I was building my business for them to take over.

Mark
      Great Job Mark, you have to be very, very proud. Thanks for posting this.
      Get a free restaurant construction time line for free!
      www.restdevgroup.com

Comment

Working...
      X