X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New diesal emissions standards

I have a 16,000 back hoe and a diesel Ford 8000 dump. The air board will make Me junk them in a few Years. They,re like 2 old faithful dogs I must put down.I could cry .

This must be the change promised.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: New diesal emissions standards

I wonder if you could semi-retire them but also keep them as HISTORIC machinery.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      I have a 16,000 back hoe and a diesel Ford 8000 dump. The air board will make Me junk them in a few Years. They,re like 2 old faithful dogs I must put down.I could cry .

That's really surprising that they want to take vehicles off the road instead of just applying new standards. I guess there is more to worry about than falling into the ocean out there.

Comment

Link please......and is this a Ca thing only?

I've got a 94 3116 Caterpillar motor in my misting fan truck.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Re: New diesel emissions standards

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post

sent them my way,
          so far the Guberment is not totally nuts here, but since so many left coasters are leaving and coming here it will not be long until they drive this state into the dirt as well.

What do they want to do totally bankrupt the entire state I guess if the Guberment is bankrupt then all the business should be as well, is the thinking.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Re: New diesel emissions standards

some news articles on the subject,
            http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081213/...f_diesel_rules

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/dec2...-12-12-092.asp
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

The people that complain about things (on just about every subject) do not care unless something affects them negatively. Or what they perceive as negatively.

The Caliifornia truckers, equipment owners, etc. should go up on their prices right now to allow for this. And make sure that all people know why their prices are increasing.

People will adjust. There are timeframes that allow for it. And the very usable rigs/equipment can be sold throughout the U.S. for a good price. Other states may follow California but I think they'll be enough time between those changes to update or get alot of the usable life out of the diesel machines that might come out of California.

Personally, I don't like some of this government intervention with all the red tape. And the studies they use to back their decisions always seem to have multiple holes in them when looked at more closely.

I had an article somewhere (can't find it to cite it. Frustrating) that broke down everything with the conclusion that.........

The TOTAL envrionmental earth impact would be less if we all drove diesel vehicles. And this was concluded BEFORE the introduction of clean diesel, urea injection, platinum catalysts etc.

Who knows? But if I had a vehicle that was in good condition that needed less than $5000.00 in upgrades to keep making me money-I'd do it.

And if I had a 30 year old backhoe that they were going to make me change the engine etc.-sell it or scrap it.

Government "meddleing" is nothing new. Higher taxes, stiffer requirements, new regulations, inspections.

Just got to zig when they zag and keep on trucking.

J.C.

Comment

Thanks Guys ,I'm a survivor. May add the 12,000 devise. The actual scrubber will be more affordable as time goes by. The Ca. truckers will bring this state to it's knees. They will have a truck out,mark My words. Off to work,someone needs to pay for our hopeless Govt. Tool.
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X