X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Bush Attacked

I am really upset at this recent event. Thousands of brave Americans killed and wounded in Iraq and when the leader of the free world goes there for a goodbye visit he gets shoes thrown at him! He did not deserve that, the troops did not deserve that! I hope that reporter got a good *** kicking. I heard his news agency tried to claim he was exercising his right to " Free Speech"? Those folks still have a lot to learn, and be thankful for.

Re: President Bush Attacked

President Bush has great reflexes don't he.

Comment

Anybody that thinks throwing a shoe at somebody is going to accomplish something is a childish moron. I don't particularly like Bush either, but I would still treat him with absolute respect if I ever met him. His job isn't easy.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I can just imagine what the late night talk shows are going to do with this, including Saturday Night Live.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          I can just imagine what the late night talk shows are going to do with this, including Saturday Night Live.
          I'm looking forward to that. That guy that threw the shoe is a moron!
          Get a free restaurant construction time line for free!
          www.restdevgroup.com

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFX-dKpcDz8
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I have absolutely zero respect for our outgoing commander in chief.

He has consistently chosen the financial interests of cronies over the greater good of the country, and squandered the most impressive moment of national unity I have experienced. In the immediate aftermath of 9/11 the country would have followed him anywhere. Where did he choose to lead us? Right to where he got a shoe thrown at him.

Screw that guy and the horse he rode in on.

This registered republican wil never again vote for anyone associated with that bunch of rapacious self-serving jerks.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                I have absolutely zero respect for our outgoing commander in chief.

He has consistently chosen the financial interests of cronies over the greater good of the country, and squandered the most impressive moment of national unity I have experienced. In the immediate aftermath of 9/11 the country would have followed him anywhere. Where did he choose to lead us? Right to where he got a shoe thrown at him.

Screw that guy and the horse he rode in on.

This registered republican wil never again vote for anyone associated with that bunch of rapacious self-serving jerks.
                Had he not "lead" us as you put it to Iraq where do do think Saddam would be directing his furry?
                What is one to do to satisfy all people? Wait until the next Perl Harbor or 9/11?

I am so fed up with people blaming Bush for all the country's problems. You know who's really to blame?
                The people that willingly signed contracts for loans they could not afford.
                The company's that loaned the money to those that could not pay it back.
                All the same reasons that started the last depression, short selling!
                If you are an AMERICAN then you are just as much to blame because you could have prevented it from happening. You could have run for some office. I could have run for some kind of office but I didn't. I did NOTHING. What did you do?
                You do know President Bush can't just declare war right?
                Many people voted for that action. Do you not hold them accountable as well?
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                  I am so fed up with people blaming Bush for all the country's problems.
                  Simple facts of this situation:
                  Iraq did not attack America.
                  Al Queda based out of Afghanistan attacked America using Saudi Arabian terrorists.
                  Iraqis are therefore angry that Bush & Co. have invaded Iraq, killing over 100,000 Iraqi civilians.
                  So an Iraqi reporter throws a shoe at Bush, yelling "Baby killer".

Comment

Originally posted by Dairylander View Post
                    Simple facts of this situation:
                    Iraq did not attack America.
                    Al Queda based out of Afghanistan attacked America using Saudi Arabian terrorists.
                    Iraqis are therefore angry that Bush & Co. have invaded Iraq, killing over 100,000 Iraqi civilians.
                    So an Iraqi reporter throws a shoe at Bush, yelling "Baby killer".
                    i agree 100%. besides throwing a shoe at someone is a supreme insult in the Arabic world.

maybe THAT was the WMDs we have heard so much about.

steve
                    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Thousands of brave Americans killed and wounded in Iraq and when the leader of the free world goes there for a goodbye visit he gets shoes thrown at him!
                      I think there is a huge difference between thousands of brave Americans and "the decider". Mentioning them to defend Bush is not fair to the soldiers. The brave Americans are dying because "the decider" send them there without one bit of solid proof, or justification. Remember, on 9/11 mostly Saudis participated in Iraq - not a single Iraqi. They were trained in Afghanistan, and Saddam pretty much hated bin Laden. That lead "the decider" to believe that Iraq should be attacked.

People do not, and should not, deserve respect because of the positions they may hold, but based on merit. While it would be hard to blame all the world's maladies on him, he certainly deserves the label of the worst US president ever.

I have resect for the office of the President of the US but I have zero respect for the man. IMO he put a huge blemish on this office.
                      Last edited by darius; 12-15-2008, 01:02 PM.
                      In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

I do not agree with all the decisions President Bush made to keep our troops in iraq although we keep hearing that based on the information he was given saddam did have wmd's. I am more upset that all the loss of life and limb by American Troops in what became an effort to establish a democracy was rewarded by attacking our President. Were they really better off with that regime of kidnappers, torturers, rapists and murderers? You and I can question whether or not President Bush and any of his buddies got rich off the war in iraq, but you cannot begin to speak of our President and sadaam in the same manner. I maintain that the attack on our President was an insult no just to him but to our troops and to our country. I don't have to wonder what woud have happened to that reporter had the target been sadaam.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          I am more upset that all the loss of life and limb by American Troops in what became an effort to establish a democracy was rewarded by attacking our President.
                          Imagine this:
                          You live in a country with a dictatorship.
                          A foreign country drops a bomb on your house, killing your Mother and cousin.
                          That foreign country then comes in, rebuilds your house for you, and gives you a better government.
                          Which emotion will prevail in your heart?
                          Anger for your dead family,
                          or gratitude for the new, better governement?

Comment

It would have been much funnier if it was a bag of dog-crap that exploded on his head.

On a serious note: I still think it was not cool to throw shoes at him, but I can't wait until Bush is out of office. And I can totally understand why he is hated by so many people in Iraq. (and everywhere actually)
                            Last edited by Service Guy; 12-15-2008, 02:22 PM.
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I think this reflects poorly on the "journalist" and not Pres. Bush; he handled it as well as it could be handled. The US should ban his news organization from any of our press conferences or any other type of access indefinitely. The Iraqis should have a trial for assault and throw him in jail for a month or two before expelling him back to Egypt.

Comment

Working...
                              X