Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: locked out of the house, by my own kid!

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

you need a vacation, without the kids

rick.
    and thats what your wife said she need

that means the kids are you
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

MR and Mrs Josh, I am sure glad you have this internet thing so you two can communicate with each other, I do not know how one would do it with it,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        No, hun, you missed a part. I had to leave Tim and Steph's b/c the boys were NOT sleeping over there, and took them back to my mom's a little after ten. They fell asleep right away over there, as did I (after sharing my story).
        Psssst....Mrs. Josh I think you forgot to log in as Mrs. Josh.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'm glad things worked out over time. As for keys, try going to a few good serious Lock Smiths, but you most likely would do well to think about replacing the old timer locks. You might want to get inventive and berry a set of keys somewhere that only you and Helen would even think about. That way in an emergency you can get back inside.

The boy that turned the lock thought he was doing a good thing. It's too bad it wasn't good.

2. Welcome home Josh and I'm glad you made it OK. Some areas got it hard weather wise. Now where I am there's just too much hot air venting so we just had cold rain last night.

3. I wonder if it might not be a good idea for Josh to change his log-in password? Maybe he is pretending to be Mrs. Josh?

Comment

You can also get a key lock box (instead of burying it) for something like $20 at HD and just screw that into a deck or some other place so you can use a combination to get the key.

Comment

Just a little humor for parents with young kids...at least you were "only" locked out, and nothing listed below happened to you!

Jeff

Things My Kids have Taught Me

There is no such thing as child-proofing your house.
              If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.
              A 4 year-old's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
              If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing pound puppy underwear and a superman cape.
              It is strong enough, however, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20 by 20 foot room.
              Baseballs make marks on ceilings.
              You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on.
              When using the ceiling fan as a bat you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit.
              A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.
              The glass in windows (even double pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
              When you hear the toilet flush and the words Uh-oh, it's already too late.
              Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
              A six year old can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36 year old man says they can only do it in the movies.
              A magnifying glass can start a fire even on an overcast day.
              If you use a waterbed as home plate while wearing baseball shoes it does not leak -- it explodes.
              A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 square foot house 4 inches deep.
              Legos will pass through the digestive tract of a four year old.
              Play Dough and Microwave should never be used in the same sentence.
              Super glue is forever.
              McGyver can teach us many things we don't want to know.
              Ditto Tarzan.
              No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
              Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
              Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
              Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
              You probably do not want to know what that odor is.
              Always look in the oven before you turn it on.
              Plastic toys do not like ovens.
              The fire department has at least a 5 minute response time.
              The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
              It will however make cats dizzy.
              Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
              Quiet does not necessarily mean don't worry.
              A good sense of humor will get you through most problems in life (in retrospect).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsIsland View Post
                  Just a little humor for parents with young kids...at least you were "only" locked out, and nothing listed below happened to you!

Jeff

Things My Kids have Taught Me

There is no such thing as child-proofing your house.
                  If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.
                  A 4 year-old's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
                  If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing pound puppy underwear and a superman cape.
                  It is strong enough, however, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20 by 20 foot room.
                  Baseballs make marks on ceilings.
                  You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on.
                  When using the ceiling fan as a bat you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit.
                  A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.
                  The glass in windows (even double pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
                  When you hear the toilet flush and the words Uh-oh, it's already too late.
                  Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
                  A six year old can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36 year old man says they can only do it in the movies.
                  A magnifying glass can start a fire even on an overcast day.
                  If you use a waterbed as home plate while wearing baseball shoes it does not leak -- it explodes.
                  A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 square foot house 4 inches deep.
                  Legos will pass through the digestive tract of a four year old.
                  Play Dough and Microwave should never be used in the same sentence.
                  Super glue is forever.
                  McGyver can teach us many things we don't want to know.
                  Ditto Tarzan.
                  No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
                  Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
                  Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
                  Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
                  You probably do not want to know what that odor is.
                  Always look in the oven before you turn it on.
                  Plastic toys do not like ovens.
                  The fire department has at least a 5 minute response time.
                  The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
                  It will however make cats dizzy.
                  Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
                  Quiet does not necessarily mean don't worry.
                  A good sense of humor will get you through most problems in life (in retrospect).
                  Smart Kids,Sound Like Mine While They Were Growing Up.
                  Kenneth Collier
                  Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                  Jackson, MS 39206
                  (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                  drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

So....one of the Josh Jr's. in pink jammies??!?!!

Sounds like this whole ordeal was a job for...na, na, na, NAH, na, NAH....Captain 10-pound Sledgehammer!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsIsland View Post
                      ...If you use a waterbed as home plate while wearing baseball shoes it does not leak -- it explodes...

...No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water...
                      Now I don't care who you are, that stuff's funny right there!!

Comment

My mother used to safety pin a house key to her undergarments so that she would never lock herself out of the house. When she passed away we had the funeral house to pin a key on her. He looked at us like we were nuts. But it was a part of our mother's way of life. Been a couple of times I wished I had followed her lead.

Comment

Glad it worked out. My wife got locked out by our then 3 year old. She went to the neighbor's, he called the local hardware store owner. He came over, and borrowed a pipe wrench and hammer from the neighbor. Put the wrench on the lockset and put tension on it, one sharp rap with the hammer and the lockset popped off, then unlocked the door. I got home and had to go uptown and buy a new lockset from him. I still tease him about his unusual methods of drumming up business.

Comment

Originally posted by cdia1960 View Post
                            My mother used to safety pin a house key to her undergarments so that she would never lock herself out of the house. When she passed away we had the funeral house to pin a key on her. He looked at us like we were nuts. But it was a part of our mother's way of life. Been a couple of times I wished I had followed her lead.
                            That's very similar to an old law enforcement trick - fastening a handcuff key into the belt keeper's / loop, of your duty belt. A life saving trick that comes in handy should you ever need to get out of your own handcuffs, whatever way you may come upon being locked up in them. (Not that my wife would know anything about that! )

Comment

Working...
                            X