No announcement yet.

locked out of the house, by my own kid!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locked out of the house, by my own kid!

So, this is a first. Today, I dropped the boys off at my mom's for their naps, so I could run errands. I got back home at about 2 to drop of the groceries, wrap some presents, do some more cleaning before I had to go get the boys from mom's again. That's when I discovered one of the boys had turned the lower lock (which we never lock-only Josh has the key for it).
    I decided to drive to Josh's sister's, who only lives about 10 mins away to help her with her new baby for a while.
    (Meanwhile, I was supposed to have some people over these evening for dessert while we watched the Biggest Loser finale , so I had to call and rearrange those plans). BTW, in case you didn't know, Josh is in CHICAGO till tonight. Expected back at 10, so I'm thinking...okay, not so bad, I can deal with the boys till then. But now we're getting snow and ice and so is Chicago, so flights are being cancelled and delayed...and I believe he's on a flight now, but I have no idea when he'll be home.
    I know I'm rambling....so sorry, I just need to vent. I tried to put the boys down for bed at our friend's house, but after them crying for an hour, I decided it really wasn't going to work. So then they're running all over the living room for the next hour finding every single toy that makes noise, while my friend's daughter is sleeping like a very good girl upstairs. (oh, and just a side note, I of course had no PJs so we had to borrow, and one of the boys ended up in pink jammies-but I'll save his dignity and not say who).
    After the end of Biggest Loser at 10, I decided to bring them BACK over to my mom's since they're used to sleeping here.
    And that's where we are now. Waiting for a call from Josh...I miss him. And I feel very bad for him too, waiting in an airport all evening...and he said the batteries to everything were running out. No more PSP.
    Okay, I'm done. Sorry if you actually read through all that.
    I think we'll do something about those locks once he gets back home.

Re: locked out of the house, by my own kid!

Oh noz!

Kids love watching the reaction when they realize they've done something, "interesting".

I watched the end of Biggest Loser, I'm still thinking about that table of donuts.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I can't believe those two are so much trouble. Looking at the two
      of them sleeping in your avatar photo they seem like they would
      be little angels.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Maybe a necklace with the key,and 20 years later,a good laugh.Josh will be O.K. most likely.Happy Holidays.
        Kenneth Collier
        Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
        Jackson, MS 39206
        (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
        drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

helen, it's no different than when joey called me in a panic when she broke the key off in the front door lock

i think uncle rick has the keys to the house

you need a vacation, without the kids and josh

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Venting is a good thing. If I told you some stories about Keola(or me) you wouldn't feel so fustrated. Maybe I missed it, how did you open the door?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              helen, it's no different than when joey called me in a panic when she broke the key off in the front door lock

i think uncle rick has the keys to the house

you need a vacation, without the kids and josh

rick.
              Trust me Rick there is a BIG difference.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I opened the door at 12:45am when I finally got back from my trip. Helen had to sleep over at her friends with the boys.

One of the keys for our house is so old that they cant make copies of it. Maybe I need to try somewhere other than HD

New motivation to look into it again. And yes I had no entertainment in the airport for 3 hrs .

Josh

Comment

You could just replace the locks so that you only have one key to worry about.

I'll also assume you're not so old that a key too old to copy is one that the previous owner installed and not you.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    And yes I had no entertainment in the airport for 3 hrs .

Josh
                    that's why i take my extreme lightning with me

p.s. picked up my buddies kid last night from lax.

did an in-n-out run

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Cute story. Thank God they are healthy and active. Us older parents can get a good laugh from these stories, like something out of a movie. Try to stay one step ahead of those two, this is probably one of the most harmless things they will have done. Anchor your tree well, get All chemicals and medications far from their reach, same goes for anything that can ignite or explode (unplug your microwave when not in use). They are smart and will constantly test you, be prepared. They are worth your patience and efforts. all children are.

Comment

Hi

Mrs Josh, and Mr Josh.

Glad to hear everything turned out OK

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          that's why i take my extreme lightning with me

p.s. picked up my buddies kid last night from lax.

did an in-n-out run

rick.

Hey I am on my way to LAX in an hour or so. I should land at about 2:30. Maybe you can meet me at the Fly Away shuttle with some In-N-Out?

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I opened the door at 12:45am when I finally got back from my trip. Helen had to sleep over at her friends with the boys.

One of the keys for our house is so old that they cant make copies of it. Maybe I need to try somewhere other than HD

New motivation to look into it again. And yes I had no entertainment in the airport for 3 hrs .

Josh
                            No, hun, you missed a part. I had to leave Tim and Steph's b/c the boys were NOT sleeping over there, and took them back to my mom's a little after ten. They fell asleep right away over there, as did I (after sharing my story).

Comment

No, hun, you missed a part. I had to leave Tim and Steph's b/c the boys were NOT sleeping over there, and took them back to my mom's a little after ten. They fell asleep right away over there, as did I (after sharing my story).
                              Sheesh Josh did you even read her post?

You can't blame him Helen 3 hours in an airport without a PSP is a lifetime
                              He obviously isn't coherent yet

Comment

Working...
                              X