Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm movin' on

Mark i wish i could do what your doing but my job is doing good a lot of OT

i wish you the best and keep that list of people you want to say hi to close to you so if you ever get close to Lancaster PA i will take you out for lunch or dinner or a snack just call [ i will pm you my # ]

A Big 10-4 good buddy
    here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYQo2pkTNAM
    Last edited by HVAC HAWK; 12-18-2008, 07:16 PM.
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Good Luck Garager!
      I think your one of many more that will be movin' on in the year to come.

If your ever in Maine, look us up.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Most never even try new things after the age of 30.

I salute your intestinal fortitude to venture into the new and unknown.

J.C.

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKA4L...eature=channel

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Send all the lot lizards my way!

And make sure you run as many cars off the road as you can! It'll put you in the bonus round!
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Mark,

Another thing. Don't take what those truck drivers tell you as the literal truth, especially the ones with no teeth. Over Donner - flip on your jake and enjoy the ride - nothing to it.

You want some real driving fun go up to Bangor, near Pitttsfield Maine, where Gene Bickford lives, during the winter. Head East on the Airline, Rt 9, toward Canada. When you get to the Airline Diner pull in and get all coffeed up 'cause there ain't much else for a long time. Then try to get back there during the summer, what a change. I pulled trailer after trailer load of peat moss out of those bogs there. Or continue on up to 'The County' for a load of potatoes. On Donner at least there are other trucks. Up there you are pretty much on your own. If something happens anyone that comes by will stop to help. The problem is there might not be anyone by for a longtime. I pulled for a grocery chain up in Maine, Hannaford, I bet Gene has heard of it. Lots of snowy winter nights peddling to the stores.

HVC Hawk,
            I watched that video you posted. Plus, coincidently, today I pulled a dump trailer for one of my pals. The urge returned to be in the seat again, over the road. I won't do it but memories came flooding back. Thanks for posting it.

-Tom

Comment

Garager, I will talk to my sister-in-law. Her dad use to run a trucking company out of Milwaukee. He has since passed away, but her mom may still talk to the guys.

I would also try the trucking boards. You never know.

I wish you and your family the best of luck in your new ventures.
              Last edited by MrsSeatDown; 12-18-2008, 09:58 PM.
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Sorry to hear about you buisness having to close. but it sounds like you have a good financal plan in place. I think being an OTR driver for a year would be fun getting to see all the US.
                i have read many of you're posts and learned alot of tips from them as i am sure many others that dont post much have.
                Best of luck, and enjoy you're new profession

Comment

garager, with all your supplier contacts, do you think they have anything to get you started?

of course if you do head west, let us know and the shakes and burgers are on me

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Hey man, Good luck!

Many's the time I've pondered the steady paycheck with a benefit package, and it has looked attractive more than once. And I fully understand just plain burning out on something you've been doing forever. If you don't enjoy it anymore, it's time to move on.

If you end up out this way in winter, I'm sure you'll get stuck in an I-70 closure a few times; they all do. Look me up I can offer you a shower and a crash pad if nothing else. Bring chains, they've lost all sense of humor on that one and the fines are huge.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

If you're ever in Va beach, look me up. Best of luck on the new job.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Good luck garager and to your family.

If your ever up in Washington state give a yell and we can put you and your truck up for the night with a good home cooked meal to boot.

shup

Comment

Garager, I hope this move works out. It's a shame you're out of the contracting business, but this might be a good thing for ya. Building is slow around here, too. I wish you the best of luck with your driving. If you're in the Winchester/Northern VA area drop me a line. Sounds like you've got some good friends all over the country. I'll bet you could go from friend to friend and never have to sleep in the truck!

Good luck in the new venture. I hope the open road is good for you.
                          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

good luck, and enjoy the scenery out there..

Comment

When You Hit S.F. I'll give You one of Ricks' STEAKS
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Garager, we are going to miss you, but I know you will stay in contact when you can. I hope you have some backup lined up in case the wife and kids run into a bind. If push comes to shove, have them give me a shout and we will see what we can do to help. For what it is worth, I, too, took a leap in a different direction when I was just a few years younger than you. Best move I ever made. Good luck and good trucking!!
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X