X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

WOW ,THANK YOU ! Great home, brings back memories of Mass. many moons ago.

Hope You helped the Misses with that driveway !!!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      A rear plow? Never heard or seen one. Can you post a pic?
      Here ya go, rear plow.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

A couple of more thoughts. No snow in My shop or home these days. I do have a
        16,000 back hoe now. Man, I sure could have used it then!
        We do have a cabin at 6700 ft. elev. in the Sierras. and 2 snow mobiles. We got in trouble one year. One nite it snowed 7 Ft. We get some of the heaviest snowfall in the world there. 1906 87ft. 6inch total snow. Measured with wooden poles lashed togeather.
        I was plowing Sub. to the state in Mass. ,I think it was the blizzard of 1976. middle of the nite.Trying to stay on the road,by looking to high snow on bank. Abandon cars here and there ,buried. every once in a while BAM,BAM,opened up another car side. Friend on loader saw an abandoned Green V.W. Bettle. Tumbling in His plow lites. Good old days!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Thanks Badger.
          I don't think I'd want to plow with just the rear but used in conjunction with a front plow I looks like it would come in real handy, especially multiple drives in a congested area.
          I've never seen one, or didn't notice, here, are they fairly new?
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Over 40 years ago I was leaving My brothers home and un shoveled front stairs. He's My older brother . From the top of the stairs, I commented " You should shovel these stairs"
            I then saw My redwings over My head and rode 10 treads on My back. Every time He tells the story tears come to His eyes.

"then I saw my redwings over my head"
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Hey Gene, didn't know you lived in Maine. I'm a bit south of you in Lebanon. OK a lot bit south of you.

Sold the plow truck last year. Bought a lawn tractor with a blower on it. No more blown transmissions and the relatives don't call either
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Hey Gene, didn't know you lived in Maine. I'm a bit south of you in Lebanon. OK a lot bit south of you.

Sold the plow truck last year. Bought a lawn tractor with a blower on it. No more blown transmissions and the relatives don't call either
                Thats why I wanted a YARD truck. I didn't mind the plowing but it was hard on an already tired truck, plowing my 300' drive and 400' of road that the town doesn't maintain, then off to town to do family/friends. If I were making money on it, it would have been worth the abuse on the truck, but the truck and plow were purchased with money from my brothers death benefits so I didn't have the heart to profit (he was a VERY giving man).

Lebanon ME or NH? I assume NH being NHmaster and all

Comment

Nope Maine Auyaaaa.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Twenty five dollars is about the rate for a 1 - 1 1/2 car driveway. I only charged by the storm not the number of times plowing the driveway. Seasonal rates start at $400.00.

-Tom

Comment

Funny,I was close to that in 1970 Winchester Mass.

Comment

Snow deeper than my dogs are tall= move to Florida
                        Attached Files

Comment

Same as Plumberscrack had here where I am.

Freezing rain: Falls as rain but freezes on contact

Sleet: Falls as small ice pellets. Stings skin when it hits you.

Comment

We've gotten over 20" in the past few days. Not a record by any means, but still a lot for this time of year considering that winter just started two days ago. Three strapping young lads and some new shovels do the trick for us, but it could make for a really looong winter!

Comment

Working...
                            X