Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

    When I lived in Mass. I always had a snow plow. Kept Us feed. Private drives,town and subbed to the state.


    Please give Us an update on Your experience. Thanks' Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

  • #2
    Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

    Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    When I lived in Mass. I always had a snow plow. Kept Us feed. Private drives,town and subbed to the state.


    Please give Us an update on Your experience. Thanks' Tool
    Somewhere between 6-8" on Friday. Why does it always seem to snow on days that I have no choice about going somewhere. It took 1.5hrs for a normally 20 minute trip (14 miles total) to the train station.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

      Last year my truck blew yet another tranny. The last time cost me $1500.
      I had been looking for a yard truck when I ran into an old boss. Knowing they plow, I asked if they had any jitterbugs (Mainer speak for POS non road legal truck) around. He showed me a couple. I called him back a few days later to make an offer on one truck and he says he and his wife decided to GIVE me a truck of their own. They own several property's and he said "just do me a solid if I need some sewer work". NO PROBLEM, labor forr a truck cost me nothing. Swapped the plow from the old truck to the new 'old' truck. Just got the front brakes working and lights on the back today, just in time for the big snow coming Sunday.
      I'll post a pic as soon as she has plowed a real storm. I have yet to name her.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

        i use to plow for the same Co mentioned above.
        Nothing like getting called out at 2am plow till 8am, go lay main line pipe with a crew of three till 4pm, then back to plowing and getting home at 1am the next day.
        Then show up the next day at 7am and here the owner bit$h about footage of pipe gettin in the ground
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

          I worked getting equipment ready and plowing from 9:30 AM Friday until 1:30PM Saturday.* Now 5AM Sunday and have to go in and finish removing snow and scraping packed snow from raodways and parking lots in big shopping center.* With 5-9 more inches anticipated starting this morning I anticipate at least 24 more hours working, until 5-6 AM Monday.* I love it!

          For those of you who do residential plowing I recommend giving consideration to a rear plow.* They are the best.* Pull up to a driveway, drop the front plow and push the snow that has been plowed from the road off to the side.* Back into the driveway up to the garage door, drop the front and rear plow and pull to the street.* Raise the plows, move over and do the same thing in front of the other garage door.* This time when you are in the street, raise the plows, push the snow you have pulled into the street to the bank along side the road and away you go.* Three minutes average for a two car driveway.* When I got my rear plow I went from averaging $60.00 an hour to $120.00 an hour.

          -Tom

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

            It snowed yesterday,........... I got out the snow thrower and shovels and moved some of that snow from one location to another. I usually repeat that scenario a number of times each winter. Pretty routine stuff here in God's Country.
            ================================================== ====
            All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

              we just drive on top of our snow.

              Vince

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

                Had some sleet and freezing rain (yes, there is a difference) this morning.

                Nearly fell on my a$$ getting The Washington Post off the porch

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

                  Cold. Six hours Shoveling

                  Picture is worth a thousand words, here is 4000 words








                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

                    Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                    I worked getting equipment ready and plowing from 9:30 AM Friday until 1:30PM Saturday.* Now 5AM Sunday and have to go in and finish removing snow and scraping packed snow from raodways and parking lots in big shopping center.* With 5-9 more inches anticipated starting this morning I anticipate at least 24 more hours working, until 5-6 AM Monday.* I love it!

                    For those of you who do residential plowing I recommend giving consideration to a rear plow.* They are the best.* Pull up to a driveway, drop the front plow and push the snow that has been plowed from the road off to the side.* Back into the driveway up to the garage door, drop the front and rear plow and pull to the street.* Raise the plows, move over and do the same thing in front of the other garage door.* This time when you are in the street, raise the plows, push the snow you have pulled into the street to the bank along side the road and away you go.* Three minutes average for a two car driveway.* When I got my rear plow I went from averaging $60.00 an hour to $120.00 an hour.

                    -Tom
                    A rear plow? Never heard or seen one. Can you post a pic?
                    What do folks out your way pay for an average driveway? Around here people pay about $25 per plowing, not per storm, but per plowing, they'll usually plow every 6-8".
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

                      Thanks for the pics Plumbingskool. That storm is on it's way here with -15 wind chill.
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

                        Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        Had some sleet and freezing rain (yes, there is a difference) this morning.

                        Nearly fell on my a$$ getting The Washington Post off the porch
                        My fall count is only one so far. I usually factor in about 12.7 falls per season, so i have a few more to go. OH Boy I love winter
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

                          I freaking hate snow.


                          Ban it in all 50 states.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

                            Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                            Last year my truck blew yet another tranny. The last time cost me $1500.
                            I had been looking for a yard truck when I ran into an old boss. Knowing they plow, I asked if they had any jitterbugs (Mainer speak for POS non road legal truck) around. He showed me a couple. I called him back a few days later to make an offer on one truck and he says he and his wife decided to GIVE me a truck of their own. They own several property's and he said "just do me a solid if I need some sewer work". NO PROBLEM, labor forr a truck cost me nothing. Swapped the plow from the old truck to the new 'old' truck. Just got the front brakes working and lights on the back today, just in time for the big snow coming Sunday.
                            I'll post a pic as soon as she has plowed a real storm. I have yet to name her.
                            That says a lot about You and that couple !
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: My North East FRIENDS SNOW REPORT

                              Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              Had some sleet and freezing rain (yes, there is a difference) this morning.

                              Nearly fell on my a$$ getting The Washington Post off the porch
                              Over 40 years ago I was leaving My brothers home and un shoveled front stairs. He's My older brother . From the top of the stairs, I commented " You should shovel these stairs"
                              I then saw My redwings over My head and rode 10 treads on My back. Every time He tells the story tears come to His eyes.
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X